“Great patio outside! Swings! Heaters!”

Dalles House Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped for a quick drink with friends. The inside of the bar was quite nice. There is a mini waterfall behind the bar that looks like an extension from the one outside. Pretty neat. Lots of space inside - different (in a good way) of what I expected the inside to look like based on the outside.

The patio outside is the best! It features a covered area with 5 hanging bench swings positioned in a circle facing the center. There are even heaters that provide enough warmth to enjoy the outdoors even with the cool fall weather. Great place to enjoy a drink and conversation.

Decent beer selection, prices okay ($6 pint of craft beer). Service friendly. I would gladly to return to try the restaurant as I hear great things about their food.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I hadn't been there for 25 yrs, it was pretty much the same. The service was outstanding, the food was ok, my prime rib was perfect but the other 3 people at the table had the seafood fettuccine and didn't care for it. My biggest problem was with the chairs, on every chair at the table the cushions were shot, it was like sitting on a square wooden box with a hole in the middle.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

After having not been here in over 20 years, we were pleasantly surprised. Our service was very good and the food was very good.

The atmosphere was pleasant and appeared clean.

We wonder if they should do a bit more marketing to draw in more clients.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Food is good. The bar is really different in a good way. Brook was my bartender and she was fantastic, really nice girl. I had a ribeye that was cooked perfectly with augratin potatoes. Everything was excellent including the popovers. This is a Good place to go to eat probably the best in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

stopped for dinner, we had the best service from Jasmine our server, great food! Over all great experience!!!!