“Reasonably priced”

Add it.
Jami's Kitchen
Ranked #112 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The portions are adequate the food is good the place has been remodeled so it is clean and bright. There is inside or outside dining available. The parking lot is somewhat small but there is some outside street parking available. DO NOT PARK IN BILL & BOBS PARKING LOT!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I gave this 5 stars, not because it is a place for fine dinning, but because it is a place where the food was reasonably priced and the night we were there everyone was making a real effort to see that we had an enjoyable experience. It is located on the water. We went on a Tuesday night, so it was not very crowded. The waitress said they were trying to draw more people early in the week so they had some very good specials. My girlfriend ordered the prime rib (under $16) a large portion which was cooked perfectly medium rare along with baked potato and squash. I was not as hungry so ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich for $10.50. Out came a plate with two 8" sub rolls filled with chicken, tomato and lettuce, a huge mound of fries and a side of Cole slaw. The menu was limited to mostly seafood either baked or fried, but there was some pasta and burgers as well as chicken. The staff, while a little inexperienced, made up for it with their enthusiasm and desire to please. They have entertainment on the weekends as well as an outside deck. The dinning room was very clean. I will be back again as it is a place where you can get a good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We were excited to visit Jami's Kitchen as the location is great. The view didn't disappoint; however, the food certainly did. If you're visiting for drinks and a view, I would rate this 4/5. If you're there for a good meal, I rate it 2/5. I understand the restaurant is fairly new; however, there's a lot of work to be done and we will not be getting food here again.

1  Thank mschnack2016
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We were looking for seafood after a day at the beach and came across this place. The parking is very limited so we decided to park in the lot of the pet store across the street. There are signs saying you'll be towed but we figured it was ok since it was Sunday and the store was closed. Anyway there was no wait once we got inside so we were seated immediately. Service was very good. We ordered lots of fried seafood and it was all fresh and delicious. The fish sandwich was so big that my husband couldn't finish it! This place is definitely worth a try but they'll need to figure out the parking situation.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Jami's with some good friends for dinner. I think they have only been open a week or so. The staff is made up of mostly very young and inexperienced waitresses so this made the service a bit challenging. The menu also needs some work as it seemed a bit ordinary. I would wait a good month more so they can get things better organized. On the positive we sat outside on the water side overlooking the two bridges. it was a beautiful night. The water location which is overlooking boating activities is excellent. Amy visit brought back memories of when it was call Straumbergs... it was a top Salem restaurant then...let's hope they can bring it back to its old glory days!

Been to Jami's Kitchen? Share your experiences!