“Tasty Historic Candy Shop”

Ye Olde Pepper Companie
Ranked #4 of 45 Shopping in Salem
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The history behind the founding of this candy shop, which involves a shipwreck, is very interesting. My travel. book said it was a must stop, so we decided to go in before visiting The House of The Seven Gables (across the street). It is a little bit pricy but that's usually to be expected for shops next to tourist attractions. The candy was delicious and much needed after a long day of walking.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Candy? Fudge? Yes please! This little house like shop is crammed full of every sweet. They have hard candy, unique old-fashioned candy, chocolates, fudge, lollipops and more. I chose one of their packaged bags of a chocolate lobster and rocks for my nieces and nephews. Then I waited in a long line for fudge. FUUUDDDGEEE!!! The prices were very reasonable and the staff was great. They show you a block and position the knife and ask if you want this much or half that or less. I got about 1/8 pound each of chocolate and fluffanutter. As much of a chocaholic as I am, I think the fluffanutter edged out the chocolate as my favorite.

My mom got some real old-fashioned sweets. They sounded like something from Harry Potter. I liked the peppermint kisses. They are softer than a candy cane and more minty.

My only complaint is that they didn't really have any dark chocolate for the non-sugary chocolate lover in my life.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped in for a look and the sample of the original lemon candy was addictive. We also bought some chocolate toffee candy.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

So much fun to visit. I called Ye Olde Pepper Companie to see if someone could talk to the tour bus. Julie said yes, and she was great! the history of the company is interesting and the candy is really good. Highly recommend the Gibraltars.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

LOVE the Ye Olde Pepper Companie! They have such good chocolates. Creams are just spot on with flavor. Caramels are extremely good in varieties of Dark or Milk Chocolate. They provide a great product for a good price. What is nice is that they have pre-made candy boxes that you can just grab and go. Make great gifts, etc. They also have a "sister" store in North Andover, MA.