“Really great service and fried seafood”
Review of Dube's

Dube's
Ranked #41 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 3 June 2016

One of my favorites in Salem for fried seafood. Service is always friendly and quick. Place is clean but dated. Comfortable and cozy. Full bar and an $8. martini was delicious. The triple combo seafood plate of shrimp, scallops,clams and french fries with cole slaw is a favorite of ours. Tartar sauce is good as well.
No fancy atmosphere but great food , service and comfortable .

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

If you get cravings for fried seafood you don't have to drive all the way to Essex.
The friendliest waitresses and bartenders. They are always smiling and never leave you waiting. A lot of times we get take out. Last Monday we got a med. Scallop, med. Clam and a small shrimp. Came to about $70.00. It was for my two teens and myself and we were stuffed! No French fries- we know better. We wouldn't have finished. When we eat there my husband gets the haddock and I get the fishermen's stew if we're not in the mood for fried. We have been going there for almost 20 years. It is not fancy but it is really good!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

local place off the beaten path....service great....no atmosphere....but makes up for it in great fried seafood with great prices and large portions....

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Having eaten here before, I thought I would try something not fried. Boy what a big disappointment! Ordered stuffed shrimp, or rather seafood stuffed shrimp. Worst meal I can recall getting in a restaurant in a long time. I am a big fan of baked stuffed shrimp. Worst you can do it over cook it?
Dube's shrimp was made like balls of shrimp, chopped and encased in crumbs. The shrimp was over cooked and rubbery. The stuffing tasted as though it had been in the refrigerator for a week, and picked up the tastes of other food. Some stuffing balls contained no shrimp at all. Stick with the fried food, at least you get what you paid for.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

We have been going to Dube's so long and so often, we feel like family. We don't even have to order unless we want something different. It may not look like much from the outside, but that is just to hide that the seafood is amongst the best on the North Shore.

We have never had better broiled haddock. Their fried seafood is the best I've had. The bartenders are terrific. The wait staff are terrific. As you aren't paying for ambiance the prices a very reasonable. Everyone we have brought to Dube's can't believe how great it is.

Been to Dube's? Share your experiences!