“Pasta lovers dream”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

If you love Italian you need to stop here. The staff is friendly and I loved the atmosphere and the music they were playing. It's a very small place but they were still able to accommodate a party of 10. The food, of course, was delicious and hot. Spaghetti with tomato sauce, cheese, and mozzarella and a ziti with a cheese cream sauce. I loved the ziti.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after being recommended. The place is tiny, but the atmosphere is very Italian, with small crowded tables. Bread served with plain oil was skimpy, although we did get seconds. The food is good, but not out of this world good. Portions are on the small side, and prices are on the expensive side. Staff was attentive. Not sure I would return as I think I will try the competitors to compare.

1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Service is very good, food still good but not "wow" like last couple visits to Salem. I confirm some of the recent reviews of the food being OK.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Previous reviews have said the restaurant ranged from excellent to average. Put me in the average range. The restaurant is very small with only about ten tables. So if you don't like to be tight you will feel uncomfortable there.
Food was just OK, probably and I say this surprisingly on the bland side. There were six of us and the only two meals of the six that impressed was the pork chop and the pasta with onions, bacon and tomato sauce. Pasta like I read in a previous interview on the salmon dish was watery--not drained properly? Salad was uneventful. Bread was very ordinary, not warm, and not very much. No one in the group felt they would return--not because it was bad but because it was somewhat boring food. We had hoped for something better. Would have enjoyed an Olive Garden equally as well. Maybe I am spoiled by other good Italian restaurants in Boston and he North Shore. Service was very good, and the owner walked around and seemed very nice and attentive. I felt bad for them.

3  Thank ANTHONY P
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The staff were attentive and courteous.. And the food was OK.. not great. A little on the bland side.

2  Thank Stanley G

Been to Bella Verona? Share your experiences!