“Great Seafood ... with a View of the Sea”

Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly, View
Reviewed 8 May 2015

My husband and I were looking for a light bite one night and agreed on Victoria Station. The famous Salad Bar was one the main draws … that and the fact that the food is always good at Victoria Station. He had the Lobster Mac & Cheese ($25) while I had the Pistachio Salmon ($23). I was actually debating between the Salmon and the Baked Stuffed Haddock and asked our server (Kris) who immediately said, “The Salmon,” for which I am most grateful. It was out of this world. It came with a very generous portion of asparagus, which made me very happy. Everything was cooked to (and served with) perfection. Now I know why we have a Rewards Card there … We will definitely be going back.

2  Thank NancyG-818

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Location, and decent food deserves a very good rating. Nothing beats waterfront dining on a nice warm day. But no waitress, and coughing into her hand deserves this rating. I have been here a couple of times...had their lobster roll, buffalo wings, and prime rib sliders. Love the sliders, but only a few since it is an appetizer. Wings and lobster roll were decent, but had better.

Service is not so great...we sat at a table in the bar. The place was not busy, but no waitress to be found. 5-10 minutes went by... still no waitress. The bar tender was more attentive than the waitress, so we moved to the bar. What made me prompted us to move to the bar was the fact I caught the waitress coughing into her hand! Totally appalling!

Go there for the view if you haven't.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Let me get the one negative out of the way which perhaps can happen at any restuarant. We had a 7:00pm reservation but because of some large group, they were running behind and we had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. Now the positive, my wife said it may have been the best steak tips that she ever had! My swordfish was just ok. The salad bar was fresh and very good. Service was good, no complaints.

1  Thank lash23_13
Reviewed 15 April 2015

There's not a lot in Salem, but if you are there go to the Victoria Station down by the harbour. Great selection of beers and awesome food at reasonable prices. We had the sliders and wings in Vic's Boathouse. Excellent diner and very friendly.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

We've been here a few times and it's consistent: the food is wonderful but the service is okay at best. Everyone is friendly, but we always have to wait a bit too long to have someone wait on us. It's just like they need a bit more training. Sometimes you get bread; sometimes you get your appetizers the same time as your meal. My husband loves the prime rib, and I've always enjoyed whatever I've ordered. We'd recommend but know that you'll probably have to flag down your waiter.

2  Thank ama_4327