“Location-yes; food-eh!”

Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The location, right in downtown Salem, is amazing. It is right on the harbor, so sitting outside for lunch on a summer day was beautiful. However, the food didn't match the location, and thus, the "average" rating. I ordered the haddock fish tacos, which are on two menus, but each bite of the haddock had a fish bone in it. Not good! The server did the right thing by taking it off the bill, naturally, but by the time I ordered a turkey sandwich (a safer option!), my lunch companion was all done. A restaurant on the water should be sure it's fish dishes are edible!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Love their steaks, the ambiance and the atmosphere. Was a local for 2 years and frequented the spot for parties, get togethers and date night. Great place! Not likely to disappoint.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Visited Vic's Boathouse on the way for a Mahi Mahi cruise (highly recommended!). I'm always apprehensive of Vic's. The food is ok. Not good, but also nothing on the menu that I'm like "Oh my God...I need to get to Vic's and have some..." Salad bar is good, but for $14 it better be. Drinks are expensive. Never gotten out of Vic's for cheap, which I would not mind if there was SOMETHING on the menu that blew me away.

This particular trip we arrived at Vic's around 6. Cruise was set to leave at 7, so I knew we had to be quick. Murphy's law, service was pretty slow. After ordering, dinner, nobody brought my girlfriend's mom her salad that came with her meal, but when we pointed this out, they were nice enough to take it off the bill. Ended up having to rush to make our cruise in time even though we told the waiter we were in a rush when asking for the bill. In summary, place is ok. I don't hate it, but if it were my choice there are many other places in Salem I would pick instead. I really don't find it to be worth the money, except for the views.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This restaurant has a beautiful view from Pickering Wharf, even if you sit inside. The salad bar was OK, and the seafood stuffed mushrooms were good. Based on what I ate, I can only vouch for the food as average, but average food tastes better from a waterfront view.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has very good, tasty entrees and a fair beer offer. They have deck seating available only if you order a main, which average around $22. They also offer a gluten free menu. Service was prompt and kind.