Clipper Ship Inn
Harbor Light Inn(Marblehead)
US$315
US$299
US$144
All reviewsdonutsdouble doorsblack catblack lobsterkeurig coffee machineclose to downtowndowntown salemgreat place to stayliving roomrooms were very cleannice staynew englandsuzannedunkinattractionsmicrowavehalloween
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Absolutely loved my stay here. Everything's you'd want in a big room plus perfect location. Staff were fantastic, the lady cleaning my room was just so delightful and I loved reception too. The TVs channels are epic! Free dunkin donuts card too! So happy with my stay, thank you so much.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank FaithK1927
Reviewed 12 November 2017

For those of you who want a business center, exercise room, wifi, restaurant, bar, and the other accoutrements of the chain motels, stop reading.

For my wife and me, this was a step back to a less-harried time. It was refreshing to be away from my computer and truly forget about the demands of my job for a week while we were at Salem, Mass.

The room had been completely redone and refurbished. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the rooms was spacious. We especially liked the extra sink that was located outside of the bathroom.

The television service had the best and widest selection of channels that I have ever seen in any hotel. We were not in the room much, but, when we were, it was nice to have something good to watch.

When we go on vacation, we don't go for the hotel. We go for the place. The hotel is where we stay, and The Clipper Ship Inn provided a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to be great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here after realising we had booked in oregon salem by mistake.
This was our trip of a lifetime with my dear friend who has never been overseas before.
This establishment charged us $250.00 for each night we stayed here which was exorbitant for the room we had. The whole room was very out dated and the beds hard. We went out for the night for Halloween all dressed up in our costumes. The next day we went out again to the house of seven gables. On our return our room had been "cleaned". (The bed was made up, but the sheets and pillowcases not changed). And sadly my friends special hat she wore the night before was missing. When we told the staff of this discovery, they said they would ask the staff member. She said she hadn't seen it. No recompense was offered.
I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. If there was a star for non recommendation I would tick that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Other than the front desk being a bit rude, it was a half decent place to stay if you want a cheep room and to be close to a lot of the town. They do give you free gift cards for dunkin donuts if you stay in the month of October and it's 30 seconds away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

As this was a last minute booking this was pretty much my only option as local hotels and motels were fully booked....I understand that this is a popular destination during the month of Oct but the price was still over the top....interesting to note that Expedia was $100+ cheaper than direct booking or with Booking.com......the room was clean but bare furnishings really on the cheap side....also felt uneasy with no deadbolt just a simple push button lock......front desk personnel barely cordial almost surly .....I would not recommend nor would I ever stay here again......If you don't mind the drive I would recommend staying closer to Boston which is 25 miles away

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family