“Disappointing”
Review of Boston Hot Dog Co.

Boston Hot Dog Co.
Ranked #22 of 228 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: We make awesome hot dogs! We have all the fantastic standards, Chicago Dog, NYC Dog, Boston Club Dog, but we also have newer additions to the menu. Wisconsin Mac & Cheese Dog, delicious soups, and specialty sandwiches such as Pastrami will make your mouth water. Not limited to carnivores, there are 7 vegetarian dogs as well. Top it off with North End challenging cannoli and you have all the makings of a great stop on your visit to Salem.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch on the first day of our vacation after flying in to Boston that morning. We spent the afternoon in Salem.

Parking was a struggle as all of the street meters only took coins. But we found a lot where we could pay by credit card a couple blocks away called Jerry’s Lot.

My fiancé got the Boston dog and I got the New York. Overall not very impressed. Hot dogs were luke warm. The bread bun was the best part, crispy and buttery. The toppings were meh.

The service was also kind of... strange. There was a young woman and an older man behind the counter. They were a bit disorganized and I got the impression that the woman was almost surprised to find that we actually wanted to be served.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

First time here. Saw this on the way into town. The owner was there making dogs and socializing with us. The dogs were great and a large selection. I had the Boston dog. The baked beans are an old recipe and were fabulous. The cole slaw was great too. Loved the old sodas in the bottles, and went for the black cherry. Place is located in a good location so sat at the window bar and watched people while we ate, and talked to the owner (Frank I think). Great time, would go here again definitely.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Whenever I want a quick lunch this is the spot. Like a hotdog with every topping known to man to choose from....and they have stuff for vegetarians which my sisters like and enjoyed very much.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Friends who visited the area last year recommended we check out this place and I’m sure glad we did! I think this is one of the best hot dogs I had in a long time.

The hot dogs have a natural casing so there was a good snap when you bit into them. They weren’t too spicy and they are served on grilled bund. They offer a large variety of options when it comes to toppings. My boyfriend had the Chicago & the New Yorker. I had the Southern style dog which was a hot dog on a grilled bun with chili, cheese, and cole slaw. It was deee-lish but honestly a plain dog with your choice of mustard, ketchup, or relish would be good too. My only regret is not having the chance to come back a second time to try a different style dog!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Found this place online, and decided to try it out. SO GLAD WE DID! It's fun and delicious, and my vegetarian found lots of options! I recommend the Salem Trolley Dog! The owner is fun and friendly.

Been to Boston Hot Dog Co.? Share your experiences!