“entertaining”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
US$22.49*
and up
The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger...
US$42.11*
and up
San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour, River Cruise, and Tower of the...
US$99.99*
San Antonio Gold Pass
Ranked #33 of 267 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For over 135 years, The Buckhorn Saloon has been known as a gathering place for good conversation, great food and spectacular wildlife exhibits. Explore the animal halls and prepare yourself for a truly immersive adventure. Practice your sharp shooting skills in our Toepperwein Shooting Gallery and explore over 500 different animals from around the world. The Texas Ranger Museum houses Texas Ranger artifacts including antique revolvers, automatic handguns, shotguns, badges, photographs and much more. Sip a refreshing drink as you stroll through the 33,000 square feet of artifacts from Texas history. Don't forget to grab a bite of lunch in our Cafe and pick up some souvenirs in our gift shop! The Cafe is open daily for lunch from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Both museums open daily at 10:00 AM. Call for exact closing times. Summer hours 10AM to 9PM. Off season hours vary. Located two blocks from the Alamo and one block from the Riverwalk, The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum and Texas Ranger Museum have something for everyone!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I hosted my granddaughters birthday party there. She had two princess characters there with here and the saloon couldn't have been more accommodating.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were a little skeptical but really did enjoy it once we went in. It is the largest collection of taxidermy I have ever seen. They have a great display and relics about the Texas Rangers

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Amazing authentic 18881 bar with a fabulous museum. The exhibits are world class and worth the admision price. I have been in the Southwest a long time but I got entertained and educated.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We spent about 40 minutes touring the salon and Texas Ranger Museum. The saloon has the biggest collection of stuffed animals, birds and fish that I have ever seen. What is nice is that they are not behind glass so you can get up close and take selfies if you want. The Texas Ranger Museum was very interesting but small. We felt that $42 for the two of us was steep but we did enjoy ourselves. They encourage you to buy alcohol and drink it while touring the place. My husband bought a beer.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick bite to eat after visiting the Alamo. I was disappointed to note the only meal option for me was a grilled cheese and fries that were average at best. My mom had the burger which she said was really good so that is why I gave it a slightly higher rating. We also tried the sampler appetizer plate with mozzarella sticks, fried pickles and jalapeño poppers. It was all good but nothing was great. The decor was definitely entertaining and worth stopping by to take a look.