“Nighmare in San Antonio”

HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park
Ranked #321 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 3 September 2015

I have to say, the worst place on earth to stay for a weekend. Still recovering from the sickness I endured during this stay.
The room had a foul smell, the pillows also had moldy smell to them. There was a huge Iron burn on the carpet floor. The fridge door has rust on the bottom. The swimming pool water was so cloudy it looked green. All it needed was some ducks and frog playing in it. AC wasn't working, only the fan.
The most sickening was the mold and mildew in the shower bath tub. I believe these are own by Hindus. Anyway, please pay the extra $30 - $40 buck and stay at the Holiday Inn which is close by or another. Unless you want to get sick and throw up, then call them up. I just don't understand how they stay in business.
Happy travels!

Room Tip: Stay away, beware of the moon.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Hectorschmecter

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Blood stained mattress on one bed and urine on the others. Switched rooms and still gross urinated on mattresses. I refused to stay there and they wouldn't give me all of my money back. They kept $75. Calling the health department and BBB

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cheri S
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Place is bad. Got there, office was closed, had to go next door just to check in. Got in the room, it had a horrible smell. Wife checked the room over while I got the bags, walked in said we were leaving. Found bugs on and around the bed. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

My daughter woke up after first night covered with bed bug bites. She had a total of 30 from her face to her foot. The manager Fransico M. Was not apologetic at all. He did change our room but said that was all he could do. He assured me that Terminex had been there two days earlier to give them a bed bug free report. But that was a lie. He was rude and did not even agree to give our new room clean sheets just to be safe. The rooms were nasty, unclean and infested with ants, rollie pollies and the floors were disgusting. My daughter didn't even want to sleep under the blankets. On top of that, they over charged our credit card, twice, and we were told that the money would take up to 14 days to be refunded to our card. The fridge didn't work, the lights didn't work, and the WiFi was hopeless. I have never been treated with such poor customer service and was never once offered an apology for our inconvenience and injury to my daughter. I will be reporting them to the health department and every single entity that is available.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Crislopezboyd
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

We were extermly disapointed in this hotel.we came to.texas from pa n fa. To attend a funeral.. the rooms were nasty.. dirty.. smelly.and air conditioner s did not work.. the tub was black with mold... we were offered several rooms each one worse then the first.. terrilbe......

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends