Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe riverstandard courtyardgreat locationvalet parkingbistro staffsan antonio riverwalkhotel is locatedvalet servicerestaurants and barsstarbucks coffeedirect accessbalcony roomhigh floordefinitely stay here againsmall fridgefront desk staffper night
Reviewed 8 September 2017

On vacation with my significant other and nieces for the summer and we all had a great time. The hotel's backdoor is conveniently located next to the Riverwalk so we were able to keep them out a little later and walked backed to our hotel. The kids had a great time at Ripley's and the house of mirrors, and we took a stroll to the Alamo for a history lesson. Overall, we had a good time. Wish we had more time and the next time maybe we can check out a restaurant other than the standard Tex Mex which was the majority of restaurants there.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and the visual was nice. I don't know about any other floors or areas in the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous place to spend a couple of days. Loved the Riverwalk vibe, restaurants, shops & bars. The hotel was right on the Riverwalk & ideal for a car free vacation. The rooftop pool was being repaired but there was much to do to stay cool & relax inside the hotel & on the walk.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Ok the hotel is located in a busy intersection, they have no parking, when you check in they make you turn on your emergency light and unload by the hotel, be prepared to pay $30.00 per night, they do not tell you that there is a nearby structure with $10.00 per night fee, I noticed that they park the valet car in same place, any way rooms are small but OK, also I notice a bottle of water in the room which I drank and end up paying $7.00 for it, wifi is not free and food and drink in hotel are expensive.the worst thing about this hotel is the pool, which is a size of a kiddy pool on 3rd floor, a total joke, if I was the developer I would have made extra room. Drury next door is a small better choice than this one.
thanks for reading and have fun...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank frank a
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. Only through honest feedback are we able to determine our strengths and weaknesses.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for any challenges you may have experienced during your visit. Unfortunately similar to other downtown markets, the availability of parking in downtown San Antonio is very limited requiring most hotels to charge for parking. We understand that most Courtyard by Marriott hotels don't charge for parking, however our downtown location remains competitive in pricing with the other hotels in the surrounding area. The nearby self-parking garage operated by the city is $10.00 per night, however each time you leave the garage you are required to pay. The hotels valet service allows for unlimited in/out privileges.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

D. Rao

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Extra friendly staff very clean hotel beautifully located for easy access to the riverwalk and the Alamo. The rooms were well appointed and the bed so comfortable it's hard not to stay in bed all day. We had a high floor with balcony so had great views.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First glance at this Marriott Courtyard is when you pull in off the street. Valet parking is the only option and there is just enough room to get your car in. They did a nice job in getting me out of the car with my stuff and moving me into the lobby for check in.

From one side to the other, this hotel appears to be about 60 feet wide. It is in s very small footprint. And so they have to be very creative in how they fit everything in. My room was narrow and cramped. With a king sized bed plus desk and other furniture, there was very little floor space left to stand.

Two things-
I had a single king size room with a balcony. I feel like I got tricked. When I booked the room with the balcony, I imagined being able to sit out there and read and relax. The balcony was only a foot wide. Just enough room to stand out there. To me, that's not a balcony... it's a railing.

Also, no mention of gold status or upgrade offer at check in. That surprised me because the hotel was nowhere near full.

The room was clean. Staff was pleasant. Location was great, right on the river.

Will I be back? Yes. Will I waste extra money on a balcony room? No.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple