“The bar experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

I have been to tourist bars before but this one was the best Kat was the best bartender ever awesome sauce

Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Indigo and Bistro 1909. Our server Chellie Ralph, was wonderful and I feel like we even made friends. I saw her everyday greet us in the morning for breakfast and every evening greet us for dinner, always friendly, always accommodating. The bartenders also had some of the best drinks downtown, I honestly told my husband why go on the riverwalk - I love what they have here. Great job guys! Thanks for making Fiesta 2015 awesome!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

My wife and I visited the bar/bistro on an impulse for drinks and dinner while downtown. We always enjoy sitting at the bar rather than at a table, so we were happy to find ample bar seating. The ambiance was unremarkable, but the bartender on duty last night (Katherine?) was charming and friendly, always with a smile. She made us feel welcome. And she made the best-ever Dirty Mary and Margarita! We decided to have her take our meal orders and she was very helpful and knowledgeable. Her recommendations were excellent as our dishes were wonderful and reasonably priced. I had the Cuban sandwich and my wife had the South Texas fish taco. I wish I could say our entire dining experience was as enjoyable as the bartender, but although the dishes were excellent, the kitchen was abysmally slow. The bartender kept us aware of the status of our order, and apologized for the slow delivery of our meal, even though she was not to blame. When Katherine finally delivered it from the kitchen she seemed a bit crestfallen that it was not as prompt as we would have hoped, but her sparkling personality more than made the difference, resulting in an overall positive experience. So, all in all, we rate the kitchen promptness 2/5, the meal itself when it finally arrived 4/5 and Katherine the bartender 5/5.

Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

I really wish the food were better, because the servers deserve a much better rating than the food warrants.
Food is just bad. With so many great choices within easy walking distance I'm disappointed I wasted a meal at 1909.
Servers were fabulous.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

We were staying at a nearby hotel and had just driven in from Dallas, so we were very hungry. The wait staff was very friendly and we got our food in a pretty timely manner! The food was delicious! My husband had flatbread and said it was fantastic. Would definitely go again.