Overall, the hotel is OK, but is not good. Home2 Suites is NOT worth the cost compared to nearby locations. I have stayed at other hotels in San Antonio near the river walk for less money and felt I got a much better experience. Unfortunately, my hotel stay had multiple issues for a short trip where I spent little time in the room. My A/C was broken and I discovered I did not have soap and shampoo in my bathroom the morning as I was getting ready to go to work. Seemingly “minor” inconveniences, but still these things should be addressed before I am booked into the room, and the hotel should be better prepared. This lack of attention to the basics is why I do not recommend this location.
If there is a problem I ALWAYS let the hotel know, and give them the opportunity to make things right. During my stay, unfortunately, I had to let the hotel make things right on more than one occasion. I understand that not everything can be anticipated, but honestly, as a business traveler, all I want when I get back to my room after working all day is a comfortable quiet location, internet access, and a place I can rest and not be bothered. The Home2 Suites in San Antonio failed in this simple task and ultimately forces me to give them a low rating.
1) Location is downtown, near both the river walk and the Alamo.
2) Free breakfast. Although there is no organized way to collect the food, and therefore if there are more than 3 people trying to get food at the same time it turns the breakfast area a bit chaotic. If you are in hurry forget about getting in and out quickly in this disorganized mess.
3) Fitness area and tiny pool
4) Large clean room with kitchen, fold out couch and king size bed
5) Friendly staff who try to help. The front desk staff is very good about saying hello, and trying listen to guests.
1) The A/C is loud! The first night I stayed in my room, I thought the A/C was loud, but would kick off once it cooled my room down over night. Come 2:30AM, my A/C was still blowing like a freight train, but my room had not cooled off. Unfortunately, between the hot room and the loud A/C I did not sleep the first night at the hotel. I called the next morning regarding my broken A/C and they promptly sent a repair man as I was leaving for the day to go to work. However, upon returning to my room that evening the repairman left his ladder and tools in my room and even though I asked the front desk to remove the items when I returned later that night after dinner nothing was done. At 10:15pm with the Ladder and tools still untouched, I contacted the front desk to inform them I am leaving their items in the hallway. 5 minutes later maintenance picked up the tools from the hall. (Photo attached of ladder and tools at 5:30pm and 10:15pm).
2) Soap and Shampoo were both empty in my shower. Home2 Suites does not provide little bottles of soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Instead, they have two large dispensers on the wall of the shower: soap and shampoo (no conditioner). I went to take a shower in the morning right before I was leaving for work and discovered once in the shower I did not have any soap or shampoo. Fortunately, I happened to have some soap/shampoo with me in my bag. After showering, I called the front desk to let them know about the shampoo and soap missing from my room. A maintenance worker promptly came to my room with a giant bottle to refill both dispensers from the one bottle (there is no difference between the soap and shampoo in the dispensers).
3) Wi-Fi is very slow.
4) TV was OK, but there was not TV channel guide in the room. I always use the channel guide to find the channels I typically watch. No HBO at this hotel.
5) Valet is $23 per day. This is a little expensive for downtown San Antonio. I know other hotels charge similar amounts, but I hate having to pay to park overnight.
6) Breakfast food was not varied and it was the same frozen egg and cheese on bread base each morning.
I wish the I could give a better rating, but too many problems here that need to be addressed. The details are overlooked and it hurts this location. If I hadn't had so many mess-ups and did not have to contact the front desk so many times, this place would have received a higher rating. I will not stay here on my next trip to San Antonio. I had high hopes for the Home2, but you lost me. I have included photos of the soap dispensers and the ladder and tools left in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in San Antonio, the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX hotel features an environmentally friendly renovation with a contemporary loft design. Nestled in a vibrant, urban neighborhood, our downtown San Antonio hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, the River Walk, Hemisfair Park and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld and San Antonio Zoo are a short drive away. Plan an extended stay at our San Antonio Riverwalk hotel when visiting the HEB Corporate Headquarters, AT&T, Deloitte and other San Antonio companies. Feel at home in a studio or one-bedroom suite with a living area, fully equipped kitchen and movable furniture. Connect to free WiFi and an iHome clock radio with iPod and MP3 docks, or watch a movie on the 42-inch HDTV. Hang out at the Oasis, enjoy a free Inspired Table™ breakfast, watch television, or surf the web on your laptop or a business center computer. Swim in our indoor saline pool or multitask at Spin2 Cycle, where you can run on a treadmill while you run a load of wash. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton San Antonio-Downtown/Near The River Walk Hotel