“Idiot people terrible customer service”

San Antonio Segway Tours
US$53.04*
Alamo Sightseeing Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 61 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Nation offers many unique and exciting Segway tours of downtown San Antonio. Our San Antonio Segway tours include trips to the Alamo, the River Walk, the Tower of the Americas and many more San Antonio attractions.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

On 15 August 2017, I purchased a Segway tour for two online from Nation Tours. What a mistake!

On our way to the location, my 14 year old daughter and I became lost. We were contacted by John, a representative from the company, at approximately 15 minutes before the tour was to start. I told him we were walking but had become lost as we were new to San Antonio and knew nothing about downtown. He asked me identify my general surroundings and asked what street I was on. I told him we were on at the intersection of Navarro and Soledad next to a hospital. He proceeded to tell he that that intersection did not exist but I must be next to the Nix, the downtown hospital. He said that I should just keep walking in the same direction as I was just south of their location. He was outside and we would see him.

Based on his instructions, I proceeded to walk along the same street, in the same direction. He called again, but we did not speak. When he called a 3rd time and I told him where we were and he said, “Oh you are WAYYYY north of our location.” He had told me to keep walking in the WRONG direction, meaning we were even farther away from the start of the tour than before!

It was at this point that I told him that I wanted to cancel the tour. My 14 year old daughter and I had been walking in the 100° San Antonio sun for almost an hour and we weren’t even at the correct location yet. Then we were supposed to go on a tour (with a tour guide that doesn’t even know the area) and still have to walk back to our hotel. Instead of accepting that his mistake caused two outsiders to become more lost, he kept trying to get us to go on the tour. I told him several more times that I wanted to cancel the tour, but he refused to listen. At that point, I hung up.

When we finally arrived at the hotel, I sent the pictures I had taken of the intersection (that the tour guide said did not exist) and the hospital (it was NOT the Nix) and I asked for my money back. I was told I had to call to get a refund. When I did call, the woman who answered to phone had no idea who I was until I mentioned giving a bad review, then she suddenly saw the reference to my situation but I had to talk to someone specific. After the run around, I was finally told I was not entitled to a refund because I was a no-show, not a cancellation. The tour guide (who doesn't know the area) lied to save his own skin and I am out $113. I am currently disputing this with my credit card.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I've never been on a segway, so I was really nervous at first. Our guide was very knowledgeable and helped me to feel confident about using the segway. By the end, I didn't want to get off! The tour was very informative and our guide was excellent. Had a great time! It did bother my knees and feet, so be prepared, but it was well worth it!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Jack was an awesome guide! Such a happy joyful guy! We will do segway tours every city we go to now! Great fun!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Joseph was a wonderful guide. He was very knowledgeable about the area and history. He also know a lot about local folklore.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Jack was a great guide and really knew his history which added to the tour!
I would strongly recommend him for the haunted tour.
Helped two of our party who were really nervous ease into the adventure.