US$106
US$103
US$98
US$60
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$62
American Motel(San Antonio)
US$55
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at this motel during our spring break visit to San Antonio for a week. What impressed me most is how friendly and helpful the owners of the motel are. The property is about 1.5 miles from downtown (not walkable), but they have a free shuttle that drops you off at Danny's from which you can walk to all the major attractions. The shuttle leaves at 11 am and then every 2 hrs.
They were also willing to pick us up at the end of the day if we want to come back early or need to get back after dropping off the rental car.

The amenities are pretty basic, typical motel standard. The rooms are clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast is mostly just bread and cereal, but given the price, the motel is very good!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jiacai74
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Only stay to save money. Don't stay if you want decent towels, decent sheets, decent breakfast, Kleenex in the room, safe electric, or a nice location. There is free wifi and the room was large with a MW and frig.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank StanLamb
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I wasn't sure just what we had chosen as we drove up to the motel, but I was pleasantly surprised from the very friendly and helpful management staff to the pleasantness of our room. We had preferred to spend our dollars else where than on our sleeping accommodations but I feel we got as good a value with this motel as we would have by paying more. The management made it clear to us that a continental breakfast and not a full breakfast was served so we were expecting what was served. Our room was comfortable, as was the bed, it was clean, everything worked and was updated. We used the shuttle twice in our stay and appreciated having it. I can't say enough for the accommodating and friendly staff. I have stayed in motels, from very expensive suites, to humble ones, all over the US and the world and I am not afraid to recommend this motel to anyone. We were in San Antonio for a short stay to see the sights with friends. I don't know if we will have the chance to return or not, but if we do, we will certainly give this motel a call first.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The staff here are awesome. We got in a little late so there wasn't any parking close to the room. They actually moved their cars so we could park near the door! The room is huge, clean and very nice. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just left the Alamo motel two days ago. First let me say that you can never please some people no matter what . I for one was very happy staying at the Alamo. Yes the exterior isn't the greatest, but when you get into the room and see how clean it is you forget about the outside.The breakfast nook is small but I hadn't planned on an upscale breakfast at the price. They made you feel at home and tried to accomadate you any way they could. The shuttle was available whenever you needed it. I used it once to go downtown and when I was ready to come back I just called Rick and within 15 minutes they picked us up. If I ever go to San Antonio again you can bet the Alamo is where I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple