“50:50 ordering success”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Piranha Killer Sushi is a premier dining destination for exquisite sushi and cuisine. KILLER SUSHI - KILLER DRINKS - KILLER ATMOSPHERE Piranha Killer Sushi serves up a twist on Japanese cuisine by fusing flavors of the Pacific Asian Rim into traditional classics as well as unique signature dishes. Piranha Killer Sushi has locations in North Arlington, South Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio with more locations on the way. Stellar guests relations and customer service is our goal as well as connecting and giving back to our communities. Piranha Killer Sushi has partnered with charities such as The Boys & Girls Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, March of Dimes and many more as well as conducting annual toy and canned food drives. We Welcome You to Piranha Killer Sushi!
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Ordered a specialty sushi roll very yummy. Ordered "roll it up"??? Or something like that, absolutely terrible. Tasted like hotdog with ketchup on top. Returned it and ordered fried rice, the weirdest tasting fried rice ever, another bad choice. Ordered another specialty roll, with jalapeños and it was okay.

Very disappointed, the food all looked great, and the restaurant was nice. Just need to work on their recipes and menu a lot.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

My friends and I dropped in after a movie last night. It was my second time to go and I was really giving it a second chance. Let's just saw...never going back.

The spicy edamame is great. Super hot and spicy then finished with butter. That is the only good thing.

1. Service is slow
2. Drinks are amateur in their taste
3. Sushi is just not good. The flavors are not there and it isn't as fresh as I think sushi should be.

Not going back!

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Tried this restaurant for the first time yesterday with my hubby. We both ordered the Restaurant Week lunch special with Miso soup. We had each of the specialty rolls offered as well as the green tea and red bean ice creams. All of the food was delicious! The red bean ice cream was especially delightful as it's subtle sweetness was unexpected. The service was decent but not great considering how slow it was when we arrived (there was one other couple in the whole restaurant). The special came at a good price of $15 per person. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend and would love to go back myself.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped here, because the name is great, and I LOVE sushi, and they had a happy hour... SCORE!

We got ready to order at 6:55 (happy hour till 7) but the waitress while sweet tried to rush us off happy hour. WTF!? I don't want to pay $35 for dinner, when I can have a roll for 9. After getting to order happy hour (ish, our martinis were supposed to be 5, and then ONLY the 3 martinis listed)

Here's where things get odd...
We were offered a FREE roll if we gave a 5 star review. ummmm, so much for unbiased, non-paid for reviews. (Yes I turned it down, gotta respect the sanctity of the review!) Also, while the waitress was the sweet Bambie type, she screwed up our order.

Oh well, I think there are better more cost efficient sushi places. The name isn't worth the extra $$$

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We ordered two apps, the Crab cakes were good, but the spring rolls were extremely dry.

Sushi followed the same theme, extremely dry, even the mango was dried out. And the rolls had an exorbitant amount of rice which did not help.

My blue Crab fried rice was good, but reminded me very much of a tuna casserole, not what I want in a sushi place.

Overall, the service was good, the Crab cakes were good, but everything else was extremely disappointing... I cannot recommend this place when the nearest HEB has far better sushi.