Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$49.99
from US$69.99
from US$37.89
2,177 results
All reviews el mercado mexican market la margarita taste of mexico shops selling gorditas indoor market knick knacks food vendors street vendors for sale mexican food great shopping walk around across the street great place to visit the river walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2021

We only walked around on the outside for the most part. Lots of little shops on both sides of street selling trinkets and lots of stands selling food. People are required to mask up as they walk around even outside. In fact, I was told by the rent a cop that I needed to put my mask on when I wasn't actively drinking my beverage. I wasn't walking and drinking but rather sitting on a wall away from people. So that is just a heads up on that. We did go on inside the building right when you enter. My husband found a zip up hoodie that has San Antonio stitched in which he hadn't been able to find previously. Very hard sell by the people at stands inside that building.

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank savytraverlor43323
Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

Full of cheap imported trinkets. There is some nice poetry and some nice shaws. It is fun for a few minutes.

1  Thank Ryan_Norris1776
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

I thought it would be a true Mercado, it’s all warehouse goods. Every shop has same stuff, not all that unique in my opinion.

1  Thank 622AlisonK
Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

Enoughed my visit. Was able to get authentic Mexican vanilla for my Christmas baking. Hate to mention but the do take temperature when walking inside

1  Thank 467aleciad
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

We visited the outside individual stores on a week day and went back on Saturday for the main market area. The market was kind of crowded and would not recommend if you are trying to maximize social distancing right now.... but the vendors all and items that were fun to explore.

1  Thank 654lindseyn