“Value”

Bill Miller Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1,303 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

On a budget? Come on down! Big portions and good prices! 3 piece Fried chicken fries and tea! 5.80 what what! Do it! You won't regret it!

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 28 November 2014

I had ordered a small turkey for Thanksgiving to be picked up and decided to have lunch there before taking our holiday bird home. It has been years since I have stepped foot into this place and was surprised how nice it was decorated inside. I remember Bill Millers interior was plain, simple and cafeteria style of ordering. This place is designed to order up front and wait for your order to be ready. People in San Antonio seem to eat a lot where the menu showed it. All the plates has a lot of meat items and three sides. I asked for two pieces of fried chicken and fries, and a big cup of must have sweet tea.

The place was not too busy and easily found a place to sit. The chicken was great and was able to try the Spanish rice which was good too. The fries were good but nothing different from other places. My niece pointed out to me that everything they give you is throwaway except the silverware which was stainless steel.

Overall for the price I paid it was a great deal. The staff was very nice and helpful, and they even refill our sweet tea for us.

After eating my next step was to get my turkey for take out. They had part of the seating area closed for paying and picking up turkeys. I get there, tell them my name and paid for my turkey which also came with two small tubs of dressing and one gravy. The turkey is precooked and ready to warm up for eating. They also gave me an instruction sheet of how to prepare all the items.

On Thanksgiving day, I baked one of the tubs of dressing for 1 1/2 hours and warmed up have of the gravy in the microwave. The dressing and gravy was very good. The turkey is smoked cooked and took the option of cutting it cold and warming it up in the microwave. This way the remaining turkey stays cold for the next day.

Overall the turkey tasted very good including all the sides and definitely do it again next year or perhaps this Christmas.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Asked for a small family meal and it was great but may be for more than four (two kids and 2 parents) but it was really cheap

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bill Miller BBq restaurants are all over San Antonio, its a fast food bbq, cafeteria style , just like any other fast food chain. I liked the sausages , and their brisket. The service was good.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We get the family meal at lest once a month when we are out and about. Even get the double meat when grandkids visit. Always good food, never have to worry about quality.

Date of visit: November 2013