“Excellent, upscale, contemporary”
Review of Biga on the Banks

Biga on the Banks
Reserve with OpenTable
Biga on the Banks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Biga is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Though we are walking distance from most downtown hotels, we are also conveniently located for any who wish to use the city's public transportation.
Description: Overlooking a quiet bend of the San Antonio Riverwalk, but within walking distance of all Downtown hotels and the Convention Center, Biga on the Banks highlights the daily changing menu of Chef Bruce Auden, the most frequently James Beard nominated Chef in San Antonio. Menu features seafood, steaks, lamb and wildgame with a preference for local and sustainable product, but do leave room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding.With high Zagat ratings Biga is an ideal venue for a romantic dinner for 2 or has impressive private dining rooms to entertain clients.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Highly recommend this restaurant along with Bella and Boudros if you are on the riverwalk, are foodies, and not on a budget. Of the 3 this is more contemporary and upscale-also best choice if you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner. Service and food are terrific-check their menu on website-it changes with the season. This is the most expensive of the 3-figure $230 for split app,dinner, bottle of wine and terrific souffle for dessert.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had a great seat overlooking the RiverWalk. The service was great and the food creative. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Antelope and quail done to perfection. Need I say more. Many other great choices. Pricy but worth it for that special occasion!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My wife and I dined here for dinner and thought our experience was very good. The service was excellent but I thought the food was overpriced for what you got. I was disappointed in the view of the River Walk. All in all, it was a nice establishment, but I don't think it was worth the price and I probably wouldn't dine here again.

2  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

There were 5 of us plus my service dog. We decided to eat early. And did have reservations. Immediate seating was welcome. We decided to take advantage of the Price fixed menu of 3 or 4 courses. The choices were delightful and made my choice hard. I chose the beef, salad and dessert. Serving sizes were just perfect except for the dessert. I ordered the chocolate moose and all I can say is fortunately it was so good and rich I was able to take half home and had it for breakfast.
I will return to this restaurant the nest visit to San Antonio. Gourmet yes, delicious definitely, wonderful service yes.

Jon B, Manager at Biga on the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent visit to Biga On The Banks. We strive to provide all of our guests with delicious menu offerings and friendly, attentive service, and we're glad that you experienced this. Your business is very much appreciated it, and we can't wait to see you on your next visit to San Antonio!