“Food is Delicious and Great Service!”
Review of Cappy's Restaurant

Cappy's Restaurant
Reserve a table
Sun, 25/07
20:00
Ranked #8 of 4,843 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Uptown Broadway
Cross street: Mary D
Transit: VIA bus stop one block away at Broadway/Patterson. Broadway runs north-south from downtown to Loop 4l0.
Description: This casual, upscale restaurant offers innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific, great steaks from Allen Brothers in Chicago, and regional and seasonal specialties. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature local ingredients whenever possible. The Kobe beef burger can be paired with hand cut French fries, crispy thin onion rings, homemade lemon-pepper potato chip or potato salad. There is an outdoor patio under a canopy of oak trees that's shady and extremely popular with locals and visitors to San Antonio. The brunch offered on Sundays features a menu of classic egg dishes, fire-roasted prime rib, Texas pot roast, jumbo lump crab cake, and top entree salads, chicken and seafood dishes. Cappy's has an ever-changing, dynamic and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle. Full bar.
Reviewed 1 June 2021

We were celebrating an anniversary and birthdays at Cappy's. It was the first time sitting upstairs. We had a really nice time. We had the shrimp, the chicken, the mussels and the fish special. All were very good and perfectly prepared. We celebrated with several desserts: carrot cake, warm Texas Sheet Cake with ice cream, and the sticky pudding with ice cream. Loved the Texas Sheet Cake. The sticky pudding was very tasty. While the carrot cake was good, I wished it weren't so cold. The server recommended an apertif pairing with dessert which was spot on. We had the tawny port; an excellent choice! Will definitely go back!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (595)

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

great food and service! you cannot go wrong! everything is delicious and the kind staff makes it a wonderful experience. Special thanks to our seever Haley from Colorado! She was phenomenal!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 2 May 2021

We were in San Antonio for a week, playing the tourist. Tried many different restaurants. This was by far our best experience. Food quality,and service, were superior. Glad we came! Hot food was hot,with hgih quality ingredients, and sticky toffee pudding melted in your mouth.

Reviewed 27 April 2021

It was my birthday and my boyfriend's as well since we have our birthdays around the same time in April, one after the other. We went to Cappy's from my researching places to go in San Antonio and it was our first time. I reserved a table on OpenTable and check in and seating was fast and easy. We had Taylor who took great care of us, fantastic and on top of everything we needed. He had the special lamb chops with Tikki Masala, I had the prime rib. Both were delicious, bread was hot and fresh, and then dessert was fantastic with him getting the sticky pudding (it's their specialty) and I got the creme brulee. Both were great, sticky pudding I'll definitely be back to try and get next time. We got old fashioned drinks which were strong and well done, just everything was delicious, we were well taken care of, we'll be back. Taylor did an amazing job waiting on us and I'd recommend her for sure!

Reviewed 14 April 2021

My husband and I stopped in during our recent visit to San Antonio and were not disappointed. We ordered off of the brunch menu. My husband got one of the breakfast dishes and said it was delicious. My husband is not one to leave things on his plate, but even he couldn't finish it all. I had the Mustang Chicken, and it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. The chicken was excellent and the sauce they put on top of it was to die for. Even better was the fact that it wasn't just a little drizzle of it, but a ladle full. It was the perfect compliment to the chicken, and I was even dipping the vegetables in it. I still think of this meal several weeks later. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, you better believe I'll be finding my way back.