“Authentic and near the airport. ”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Wide menu covering the Louisiana classics and some other stuff. Crab cake and grits were both excellent, and those rarely are in restaurants. Seafood dishes use good fish and are properly cooked. Proximity to airport allowed us to linger long enough to have dessert. Praline cheesecake was sensational, one order was plenty for us both.
Went off to our flight happy and very full.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

1. Customer service - Exquisite...the manager Arthur phenomenal! Thank you fir always taking care of me.
2. Food and drinks- always great and if something is wrong you can guarantee the best service to rectifying the situation.
3. Atmosphere- the bar area can be a great spot for singles or couples! Very inviting.
I love this place! And my visit today was great because of my wonderful server AKIA thanks guys

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I don't know how you can find a better seafood restaurant. At least don't know how you can find one this good 200 miles inland. Yeah, you might complain about speed of service or high prices, but you definitely will not complain about taste and quality. For a once year deal, Pappadeaux is just great.
The amazing fresh seafood combined with rich savory sauces are what you come to expect here. On this visit we started with Pappadeaux Crab Cakes. I defy you to find better crab cakes anywhere. I defy you. We could have stopped there. It was very filling for an appetizer. But we couldn't stop there. For the entree, I had the crispy Atlantic Salmon and Scallop on a bed of spinach. As simple as that sounds it was awesome. The better half had the Grilled Redfish and Jumbo Shrimp with Butternut Squash Risotto. It was so good, I was jealous.
Bottom line here, you can't beat Pappadeaux.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Start with the gumbo. Shrimp with sausage added. Fried crawfish platter. So good. Service is perfect. Client had the shrimp poboy. Huge.

Worth the trip. Every time.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I gave the restaurant a 5 star, but I rounded up from 4.5. I deducted a 1/2 star from the server because he was obviously new, and there was no management follow up to ensure he was doing an excellent job. Well he wasn't because he was too new and could not answer questions properly and made several serving mistakes. But, he was ok enough. This was my first time at this restaurant so not a good first impression.

However, the restaurant excelled at the drinks and the Texas Redfish with lump crab on top was so delicious it still earns a 5 star.

It was a great menu and I will certainly be back. I think, though, they could add more types of fish to the menu. Maybe Chilean sea bass, swordfish, and maybe some more rare fish.

Tip to management. Follow up on tables with new servers.