“It's a must in San Antonio but not the best”

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #27 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This place is very festive and a great representation of the lively community in San Antonio. The food is okay, the bakery mediocre to be honest, but it's still a place to check out. My friends and I visit every year during fiesta and we enjoy appetizers and drinks. The staff is attentive and friendly. It's Tex-Mex food not authentic Mexican, you have been warned. Enjoy a margarita!!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This place has been around forever and does serve its purpose. It's a place for tourists to get a glimpse of authentic Mexican food and mariachi bands while unloading their wallets. I highly recommend digging deeper to find authentic Mexican in San Antonio. As a native I can attest that none of the locals really go here that often or talk about it. The food is OK and its a huge bonus that it's open 24 hours but I don't think it should be the flagship of San Antonio Mexican food. It's a happy medium between Riverwalk super-tourist level and the favored local joints. The prices are what kept my stars down.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Have always enjoyed eating at this place. Their milanesa will always be awesome!!! My family always love to come to this place when we visit San Antonio.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Very good service, great atmosphere, pricing and food was great. The waitress was promoting a certain margarita with pomegranate and cuervo, and it was delicious!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My hubby live in Dallas and always stop in for lunch or dinner when we are in San Antonio. We have not been in 2-3 years. I forgot how much I love their cheese enchiladas with Monterey Jack cheese and the fresh made tomato/onion/pepper sauce! The rice is Spanish rice with peas and carrots and nice and moist. The beans are even good. My hubby's comments on his beef enchiladas were "very flavorful!". He loves beef enchiladas if they are good. None were left on his plate. We dined here for lunch midweek and it was a mix of tourists and locals. See ya next trip, Mi Tierra!