“Great location and margarita ”
Review of Cafe Ole

Cafe Ole
Ranked #1,027 of 4,956 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Located at the heart of the San Antonio Riverwalk, this is the place to come to satisfy your cravings for delicious Mexican cuisine. We are the home of the Ultimate Fajita and the 60 oz Margarita. We boast a perfect festive atmosphere! Come Enjoy our quaint indoor area or our adjoining patio overlooking one of San Antonio's jewels, our beautiful river.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere right on riverwalk. Usually get high end margaritas but ordered 60 oz house margarita. Was surprisingly good. Food was good not great. Would come back for location and margarita.

Jean P, Sales & Marketing Manager at Cafe Ole, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful location, right on the river walk. We are known for our
60 oz Margaritas so I am glad that you enjoyed it! I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon and give us a chance to earn a five star review from you.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a complete joke and waste of time and our money. It’s not worth the visit trust me. Our server was a pregnant female who knew absolutely nothing about the menu or drinks or alcohol in general. We waited over 45 mins for our drinks and water and over an hour for our food on a Friday night. The food was cold and under cooked and had to have it sent back. The meat wasn’t even cooked all the way thru and the rice and beans were cold!
Our server was Ashley M. The management needs to really think about the people they hire. We were visiting from out of town. It was over all just terrible service and I won’t be back. Plus no manager came to visit our table at all. Please don’t waste your time here there is so many other options to choose from trust me. Thanks for the horrible service Ashley M.

Hi Rudy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for bringing this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this must have been and although an apology will not change what happened, I am sincerely sorry that this was the experience you received at our restaurant. I appreciate you letting us know which server waited on you.This level of service is not acceptable and it will be addressed with the server and management team immediately. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the General Manager, Scott Reed, if you would like to discuss this further. He can be reached at 210-223-2939 or via e-mail: Scott.Reed@RiverRestaurants.com

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for some appetizers and something to drink. The place is right on the Riverwalk and ideal location. My brother always says that the better the location, the food quality goes down. Kind of true here. It was just average on food, like it needed seasoning. The jalapeño poppers were just eh. Everything else was ok, not stellar. My margarita on the rocks was perfect, and my son's "virgin" daiquiri was excellent. The atmosphere is great as was the service. I don't expect amazing food at tourist locations, so I'm not complaining. I have had better food along the Riverwalk, just saying. It has a very nice location and atmosphere, the bathrooms were clean, and the prices are reasonable. The food is ok, fills the spot. It is not a good representation of true TexMex, however.

Hi Jessica,

Thank your for your review of our restaurant and proving valuable feedback about the quality of our food. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your drinks, the atmosphere and our location along the River Walk. I am very sorry that our food did not exceed your expectations and hopes for an authentic Tex-Mex Meal. I will pass your feedback along to the kitchen and General Manager for further discussion on how we can improve our food for our future guests.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Our 70 pound Basset Hound accompanied us for an evening stroll along Riverwalk. Soon after descending the stairs, we saw Brandy, the hostess, reaching out with outstretched arms and a welcoming smile toward Fluffy. Of course we walked over. Having seen us decend the stairs, she welcomed us to Riverwalk and told us that they would love to have Fluffy as a guest. We wanted to explore other dinner options and said that we would return if we didn't find anything. After approximately two hours we returned to Fluffy's first choice, Café Ole. Fluffy was right!

Of course Brandy remembered us and we were seated at an outside table immediately. Everyone that we encountered was truly exceptional! Service was prompt, friendly, and accommodating. Laura was on top of everything! Our dishes were prepared perfectly, especially the Boarder Dip! The drinks were imaginative, potent, and tasty. It was one of the most pleasant experiences in San Antonio. They treated us like family.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to give Cafe Ole such a great review. We are thrilled that you listened to Fluffy and came back to give us a try. We love to hear that the service was prompt and our staff was friendly and accommodating. I will pass along your positive feedback to Laura, Brandy and the management team. We hope you and Fluffy will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stopped in after a crazy loud business gathering, and asked the host to seat us somewhere quiet. Once seated we were delighted, until a band set up about 10 minutes later and we soon couldn't hear each other yell across the table. Nice planning. Service was consistently slow, poor, and not particularly friendly. Salsa nearly inedible, chips bland. Opted for a frozen flavored margarita and instead got a standard margarita that was swimming in some flavored liquid - no attempt to mix these together whatsoever. Was excited to leave. Steer clear of this one. The 60 oz margaritas seemed like they would have been useful to make you forget the experience.