“Got what I paid for”

Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio
Ranked #214 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My sole purpose for staying at this place was its proximity to USAA. The room I got was clean, but the breakfast was a little too bad... If you are looking out for a place to to sleep in.. this place is ok... since I stayed here for close to 3 months, I ended up paying $ 35.00 a day, which was pretty cool... initially web access was terrible, but it got better (much better) towards the end of june.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank NirmalyaShome

Reviewed 26 July 2010

The ratings on this place needs to be lowered the beds were semi ok the tub looks like one pulled from a resale shop old and stainned the desk and chair falling apart the restroom door see thru to the room no sheets for fold out bed when we got back from water park off course a fresh shower well we ran out of towels no towels from the front desk they were out what kind of place would not have extra towels in it this is the weekend the a/c was a cold one you could have used it as a walk in freezzer strongly i would never stay at this place or recommend it to anybody this was my worst mistake should have listenned to the reviews i thought i would give them a chance beeing i was going thru priceline.com and paying 80$ a night."NEVER AGAIN"

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lilpitsmokers
RegencyInn210, Owner at Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2011

Hello, I am sorry your stay was not what we strive it to be. Our hotel has been going through property improvements and your feed back is helpful in this matter. Concerning the sheets not being available on the fold out bed, we gladly offer clean linen upon request at the front desk. The reason we do not place sheets on the fold out couch is that is will not allow the cushions to properly fit back into place. I sincerely apologize that towels were not made available upon your request and that issue has been corrected. Please accept my apology about the problems you experienced during the stay. I hope that you will allow us to try to make your stay one of comfort and retreat while in San Antonio.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

I want to start by saying the staff is very kind. The lobby is nice there is a computer and printer but, apperently you have to pay for paper. Breakfast says it starts at 6:30 am but, tey don't get breakfast ou untill 7am. Breakfast is danish and cheap prange drink and 3 choices of dry cereal. Really make your own or go buy.

If you want to sleep someplace cheap for one night it is decent. Its roomy enough. A good size fridge and a dated microwave. Coffee maker, well just go buy some coffee. The bathroom and sink looked clean and okay.

The noise level is quiet and it is very close to the highway and medical facilities. Our room opened up to the street and we found parking right in front. There is an ice maker and laundry facility coin operated. The owner never has change so bring your own.

The King size mattress sits on 2 twin mattresses. We all myself and family got bites all over our arms and body. I am assuming they are bed bugs. The couch is a pull out and is the most horrible thing you have ever slept on.

We got this room because we came right before the 4th of July when everything possible was booked, i mean clean. This was the most decent place we could find or afford.

Also, the entire time we were here we had internet connection issues. If you go in the lobby where they have a different router you will have no problems. Once in the room serious connection issues day and night. The owner just kept rebooting it.

I am shocked a place offers features such as continental breakfast and free wifi at $59 + a night. I would recommend eventhough they are nice just paying the extra and going some place much better. If its off season they will have more options.

If money is tight and your options are limited then, yes its a decent place enough. Its safe and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank couponwifey
Reviewed 10 January 2010

My rating is based on what I expected from a place rated two-star or lower. We stayed there twice, the night we arrived in San Antonio and the night before our flight out. It is located reasonably near interstates in the medical section of town on a broad street with lots of food choices not far off. We could have found even cheaper accomodations, but this also had a continental breakfast (and we arrived on Christmas Eve!) The breakfast was minimally good - they had cereal, including oatmeal, and fruit, and danish. It was served in a breakfast room off the lobby which looked more upscale than most two star places we've stayed in. The rooms were large and decently furnished, and the towels, while not luxuriant, were reasonably soft. Refrigerator, microwave, and a single-serve Cuisinart coffeemaker were provided, with better than average (for motels) coffee. The place was generally clean, though the carpet was worn enough to look less than new. The first night we were presumably in a "suite" where a part-wall with cut-outs separated the beds from the couch. The second night we were in a room, same features and apparent size, but without the wall. Bottom line - decent place to stay at a decent price.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2009

When I booked this hotel through Orbitz the room said two queen bed suite with fridge and microwave. Well it had two queen beds and a fridge and microwave but that's it. A desk and a couch that was all chewed up on the front. The room smelled alittle bit musty. The bed was comfy and the staff was really nice. There was no channel guide. It was way over priced for what I got. Not hard to find though. The continental breakfast was a joke. It was cereal and wrapped doughnut things.

• Stayed: March 2009

Hello, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Regency Inn and Suites. Your post was made in 2009, and we have since updated our rooms. We check our rooms on a regular basis and our housekeeping staff work hard to keep the rooms hygenic. I will take corrective actions to provide a chanel guide in the rooms for guests, and I thank you for that suggestion. Also, we are lookin at expanding out contiental breakfast and would welcome any feedback with suggestions as to what would be a great addition. I hope you will revisit Regency Inn and Suites while you are in San Antonio, and allow us to serve you again.