“Disgusting, pls. stay away”

Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio
Ranked #218 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Room smelled awful - I was charged almost $148 for one night although I didn't stay a minute in this place. The carpet was disgusting, the bedding,pillows were outright disgusting. I know bc while waiting for my room to be ready, I went into a friend's room and saw al this nastiness but still wanted to check mine out although I knew there's no way I will stay in such a nasty place. It should be shut down.
I told them that I will put bad reviews online for them and they seem to not even care.

Room Tip: Don't even bother
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank SanHope

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Went to San Antonio for a family outing checked in to this particular Regency Inn and it is by far the most disgusting hotel i have ever been to, and in my line of work i do alot of traveling and have stayed at many hotels. This particular room number 115 smelled like urine, carpet had collection of gum accumulated, restroom had mold and mildew along seams, not to mention the curly hairs in the tub, sheets were stained and the bed skirt looked like 2 dogs were fighting for. Overall this like i said is beyond the worst experience i have ever in my travels.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I have to say Triadvisor did not help..I was I search of hotels and everyone of them said booked!! Finally we decided to stop at this one cuz we were so tired of driving around... Apprantly votes will put booked on these networks so they don't clash ..This is what the Desk person told us!!! Jezze that's Sux!!! Anyway I Guesse good ol fashion just gerti g off works.. We paid $126.00 ..It was OK considering we just needed a room after driving around frustrated! T.v out of date Lol bring extra pillows the ones on the bed are so worn yuk Lol... And it seams after 10 pm people like to party out side there car and set off alarms.. Not a peaceful night...u gave it a 3 in hopes they take care of that...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ValleyGirl Jo A... Y
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place was so nasty we couldn't stay. I wouldn't even let my dog stay in that bed... When we nicely asked for a refund the owner told my husband that he was worthless.. Worst motel experience we've ever had!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive motel, near USAA. There were plenty to look at, but having stayed at the Best Western Fiesta (nearly 50% higher priced, and less desirable rooms!), and looked at other "name brands" on previous trips, we chose this one due to:
1. Very reasonable price; 2. Proximity for my business needs; 3. Reviews online.

The staff was very helpful. We had a ground floor double queen size room. The bedding was very adequate, comfortable beds, microwave, refrigerator, and teeny coffee pot. It was definitely a good deal for us, and one we will return to in the future. It is not fancy, but it was definitely NOT dirty. The neighborhood was fine (I was comfortable to walk to a couple of locations - AFTER DARK!) The neighbors I met who were walking their dogs, were working people, very nice and it is a neighborhood where I'd feel comfortable living.

The building is pretty small & thus, there isn't a lot of the glitz of high end places. It is a reasonably new facility (circa 1998 to 2000), and is basic accomodations. A great place to stop when you need a few nights for business.

I'll be back!