“Not Nearly as Fun as I Remember ”

Durty Nelly's Irish Pub
Ranked #5 of 141 Nightlife in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Irish pub
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I went here with a friend expecting the same great experience I had before. The amazing piano man was there and did an awesome job of playing, but he seemed to take a break every 15-20 minutes. Maybe it was due to the fact that the place wasn't super packed. We went on a Saturday night around 11pm, but it just didn't have the traffic it had the last time we went. It also wreaked of stale beer and bar smell. Service was also slow. Not sure I'll return again. That said, the guy who plays the piano makes this place what it is.

1  Thank TravelLover8098
All reviews
"piano bar"
in 18 reviews
"piano man"
in 17 reviews
"shepherds pie"
in 3 reviews
"throw the shells on the floor"
"the crowd involved"
in 4 reviews
"comedian"
"conference"

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Very cool iconic San Antonio Irish pub. Sometimes I walk by and other times stop for a drink. Never tried to food but perhaps will on my next trip.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed wonderful appetizers and a cold beer on a warm day on the Riverwalk. Great service, wonderful food. We really enjoyed the adventure.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We always stop here at least once when we are in town. August is a slower time of year, so it isn't unusual to not see a big crowd. We stopped in on Saturday evening and all of the seats were full except for two, lucky for us. We had a great time! How can you not have a good time in an Irish piano bar? Anyway, our food was pub fare and good. The entertainment was even better!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here and ate on our last stop in San Antonio, but that was several years ago. We came with my sister and brother-in-law and were excited to bring them here for a meal and music.

We stepped into the door and the place was empty except for one couple - a sign? Maybe but it was only 7pm maybe early for dinner plus it was a Tuesday evening. We were in the door for five minutes, the bartender, waiter, or other person on their cell phone talking to both the others never acknowledged our presence.

My husband stepped toward the bar, the waiter went to the one couple eating to see if they were finished their meal. Went back to the bar area and the four of us walked out the door.

I guess we got the answer why the place had only one couple eating in it.

We were so disappointed - I hope that is not the norm.