“Relaxing Stay”

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #10 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family had a great experience! Room was clean, pools were great and the lobby was the perfect place to relax. We felt safe at all times. Very close to the Alamo, the River Walk and the San Fernando Cathedral! WONDERFUL Stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 873stephanih
There are newer reviews for Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Came To San Antonio For Our End of The Summer Road trip. This Had To Be Our 5-6 Time Staying Here. Well This Past Time was Very Different Very Disappointing Arrived To Our Room It Was So Dirty! The Shower when I Opened to Take A Shower was Full Of Hairs tangled Along The Shower Curtain! Next The Sofa Bed Was Flat! & The Mattress With Huge Stains So Uncomfortable! Next Day I Let Front Desk Know They Moved Me To A Different Room. Well It Just Gets Worst The Room Smelled Awful! Huge Stains in the Carpet and Sofa. Lamp Shades were So Dirty! I Tried To ignore these Things, But What Made Me Just Never wanna Return was when it was time to Sleep Pulled out the Sofa Bed bam! All this Dust and trash came out! Then the Top sheet of the Sofa Bed Mattress Came Out My Mattress was Disgusting The Mattress had Holes, Stains, Filth! I am Not a Dramatic Person but when I saw it I wanted to get out Fast! I cannot believe I was about to sleep in this Filth! I said this is it! Went down in the middle of the night to front desk showed them the pictures I took of the Mattress! The Night Manager was very understandable & He Told me he would get someone to Change the Mattress. They Changed the Mattress as the maintenance man was removing it Huge Darkish stain was all over the bottom! Also The New Mattress he put was just as old and flat and nasty as the one he took out! Drury has lost a Customer In Me I Couldn't wait to Leave! I don't know what's going On This Hotel is Very Filthy! Not Clean! The Carpet in the Room and around the hotel are So Dirty! Mattresses are Filthy! The Kitchen inside had Ants all over! This Hotel needs a "Lift" I also notice the employees are not happy never did one ever Greet me like they used to. A lot Has Changed I hope They see this and Make Changes. I was never more happy to go Home!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ST333
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel. It is very disappointing to hear that our hotel did not provide you with a great Drury experience that you are accustomed too. Please accept our sincere apologies. There is no excuse that your guest room was not up to Drury standards and we will share your comments with our housekeeping team so we can make the necessary improvements. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your time and we hope to better serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Jeff K.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I came here on a business trip and enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly, they had an excellent happy hour with plenty of food and drinks and the location was great! I would definitely stay here again. I enjoyed the historical feel at this renovated bank. I definitely recommend that you take advantage of their free happy hour followed by breakfast the following day. I look forward to coming back here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Sad to say this because I love drury but not this place. I love the hot breakfast and 5:30 kickback but not much else. First off you Have to surrender your car to a valet ( don't forget anything in car because they will have to get it for you with a tip) I asked for a higher up room, got level 7 overlooking parking garage roof and into garage. We were one room over from elevator and could hear the "ding" each time a door opened at all hours. The rooms didn't seem to have soundproof walls because we could actually hear conversations in hallway. The rooftop pool would have been nice if there was any shade at all, basically none and in august just too hot to stay long in heat of day. At night the security said everybody needs to be gone by 10 pm, this is when the pool was packed because then it was comfortable. The pool didn't seem to be near rooms where a later closing time would be a problem. So if you are a heavy sleeper and non pool user this place is good for you. We will never stay here again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel. We are happy to hear you like Drury hotels and the complimentary food offerings but very disappointed that our hotel did not provide you with a great Drury experience that you are accustomed too. Please accept our sincere apologies. We will share your comments with our team so we can make the necessary improvements. We hope that you will continue to stay with Drury hotels if your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Thanks,
Mark V.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

An old hotel (originally a bank. The vaults are still down there...). Very well maintained. Good service. Spacious rooms. Mine was a corner room. 6 elevators. Super location near the heart of the River Walk where the action is.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business