“Good, but shrimp and grits was a disappointment”

Silo Elevated Cuisine
Ranked #15 of 4,965 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Blanco/1604
Description: Join us at 434 North Loop 1604 West in San Antonio for a fine dining experience you’re sure to enjoy. Our world-class cuisine includes fresh seafood and the best steak dinner in town. Don’t take our word for it, read some reviews and see what people are saying about us. We look forward to seeing you, your friends, and family for a night out that you won’t forget. We are proud to offer a fine dining menu that is sure to please everyone. If you are looking for a little romance, our restaurant has the perfect ambiance for any date or celebration. Since 2010, we have been listed as one of OpenTable’s Top American U.S. restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. If that isn’t enough to get you in the door, just wait until you taste food that will tantalize all your senses. Give us a call and reserve a table to make sure you are not left out of the culinary experience of your life. Our atmosphere is casual yet elegant so you can enjoy one of a kind food while being comfortable and relaxed. This holiday season, treat your guests to creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail. Silo 1604 offers a range of special event rooms, bar areas and lounges. Our staff can assist you in choosing what is best to fit your specific needs. With our ability to accommodate up to one hundred guests, whether you are planning a business meeting, luncheon, cocktail party, reception or special occasion, this is a fine dining experience you will be back for time and time again.
Reviewed 3 March 2018

My husband and I visited here last Saturday night for a belated Valentine's dinner. The ambiance is wonderful and service was excellent. My husband ordered the crab cake and shrimp dinner with pasta, which both of us agreed was delicious. On the recommendation of my daughter, who'd eaten there, I had the shrimp and grits. The four good-sized shrimp lay on a tiny amount of grits swamped in an overly sweet, sticky jus, which overpowered the small amount of everything else in the dish. There were probably three small forkfuls of grits with a few pieces of chopped spinach mixed in. Oh, and I did get one bite that had a little heat, so I assume that was a morsel of andouille sausage. When I described it to my daughter, she said that the shrimp and grits she had was nothing like it. My husband pointed out that I had ordered from the prix fixe menu, which may have made a difference. If so, then I would suggest not ordering that particular dish from the prix fixe menu.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

There slogan speaks the truth in more then one way. The food and experience here is amazing. I had the scallops and they just melted in my mouth. The mashed potatoes complement them perfectly.

Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your scallop dish. We can't wait to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We dined here tonight and one word.. Delicious! I had the Tuna special and my husband had Pork Shank.. Shared the Calamari to start.. The wait staff and management were very accommodating and pleasant. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We have been coming here since they opened. Normally come with a family of five for a weeknight dinner to relax. Great food and great service. Prix fixe menu is excellent for families.

Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very proud to be able to serve you our 5 star experience. Thank you for the feedback and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

The chicken fried oysters are famous here, but everything on the menu is good. Excellent service as well. The restaurant is upstairs from the bar and you will need to take an elevator to reach it.

Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for your amazing review! We strive to provide a valuable dining experience to each and every guest and we are pleased that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for your feedback and we can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again.