“Excellent Staff and Good Environment”

Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Ranked #83 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Special thanks to Laura for making our trip a memorable one. She helped us to re-book and cancel room. She offered me a Pizza as soon a i reached hotel. I felt like home. The staff are amazing! I highly recommend you to stay in this hotel to make your time a memorable. The breakfast is awesome. This is my best hotel experience.

Room Tip: Try to book the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Melissa O, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dr. Tenzin,

Thank you for the great review! Here at Staybridge Suites we strive to make everyone feel at home. So hearing that Laura did just that, makes us sincerely happy. We sincerely hope to see you in the future!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I was going to have surgery at Methodist Texsan Hospital and was looking for a hotel close to the hospital and that had a shuttle. That was easier said than done but thanks to a nurse at the hospital, she told me that Staybridge Inn would fit both categories. When I made my reservation, I told the girl that I was a Texsan patient and would like a handicap accessible room. There is a special rate for patients at Texsan so that was nice. When I checked in she said they didn't have a handicap accessible room but while I was standing there, a man who was supposed to get that kind of room arrived saying he didn't need it so I got his room. My room was on the first floor, at the end of the hall, by the pool but it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I left a wake-up call but none came so I was a bit late getting to the hospital. The other ding was that unless you have a car to go eat, you have to call for delivery since there is no restaurant in the hotel; at least they have menus at the front desk albeit some are a bit out of date. Not having a car and being handicapped made it impossible to go anywhere to eat and I refused to call a cab. Those are the reasons I didn't rate it excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Melissa O, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Jan F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value guest feedback and enjoy sharing it with our staff. We apologize the take out menu selection was outdated, we will see to it that is gets properly updated. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My husband picked this hotel based on an online search and our past hotel experiences in San Antonio, and what a gem he found.

At about what it would cost to stay at a regular hotel, we stayed in this gorgeous suite that resembled a nice one-bedroom apartment!

Sound proof rooms, parking garage, free breakfast bar, spacious showers, smoke free, ventilation in the toilet area, comfy beds, clean and ample towels and overall super clean!

The only negatives we experienced were that:
1. Our AC unit was set to 65 but the rooms stayed about 78, hotter if you closed the bedroom door, which made for a sweaty night's rest. Why hotels 'hedge' room temperature is beyond me but unfortunately, you don't know this until you stay.
2. The lights were ALL the LED lights (cheap and unnatural), which kept me in the dark in order to prevent a migraine headache.
3. The breakfast bar was fairly limited in that it had powdered eggs, pre cooked sausage, frozen mixed fruit and a few limited types of white bread carbs. I was able to piece together some eggs and cottage cheese with a banana in terms of being health conscious. However, for those trying to eat remotely healthy, there are very limited options....but it's free! The coffee machine wasn't 24/7 either so if you were early or late, you had to request coffee at the front desk.
4. Parking was tight, perfect for small cars. We have a truck.
5. Wifi was a little slow.

Check-in was efficient. The customer service of the staff was outstanding! Fully stocked cabinets with creamer, plates, utensils, etc.

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel and its location.

We will revisit!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki W
Melissa O, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Nikki W.,

First I would like to thank you for such a great lengthy review! I take all reviews and use them as training guides, whether negative or positive. You have given me so mucch to work with and I thank you! I do want to apologize for the coffee as it should be 24/7, so I feel there is room for improvement there as well as the areas in lighting, breakfast choices, A/C conditions, and parking as you described. So many times the issues guest have dont always reach our ears. It is always vital to give feedback so we can learn from it.

We are excited that you enjoyed are suites and had a pleasant stay. The team and myself are glad you will be staying with us again! Please feel free to reach out to me before your arrival and I can make sure the lighting in your suite is adequate to prevent those migraines.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for a visit to San Antonio but mainly for a visit to Six Flags. Six flags is less than 2 miles away so the location is perfect. We had a king size suite and a double suite for the boys (teenagers). Both rooms were well equipped with everything we needed. The staff were really helpful and friendly everywhere in the hotel. The breakfast was excellent with something to suit everyone, there is even a buffet style meal in the evening (Mon-Wed), which we hadn't planned on taking advantage of but after a long day at Six Flags was most welcome. The boys made use of the pool and the gym and we're happy with both. Overall excellent.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Melissa O, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

KirstyG1969,

We are thrilled your family was able to enjoy your visit to Six Flags. It's great to hear our location suited your needs. We understand traveling with kids (teenagers) can be difficult and we are excited they're was something for them to enjoy! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

A big shout out to the staff...Jijo, Isaak,Chris, Mel, and everyone else for make my daughters birthday a special day! They showed up at our hotel door at 12:21 a.m. on the dot to present her with a cake with candles burning and sang happy birthday to her!!! What an awesome staff!!

Room Tip: Next to 6 Flags San Antonio
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa R
Melissa O, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Lisa!

I am delighted to hear this went well!! As always I am proud of my staff for going above and beyond! It was our pleasure being part of such a memorable day!!

We look forward to seeing you again!