“Fun atmosphere, okay food”

Cask and Schooner Public House & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located just off the waterfront in Friday Harbor, Cask & Schooner Public House & Restaurant is Friday Harbor's premiere maritime themed english pub offering distinctive rustic fare and well crafted libations.
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Stopped in for lunch with 3 others. We loved the atmosphere and decor. My shepherd's pie was delicious, but the others eating with me didn't like theirs as much (I know one had fish and chips and another had poutine, not sure on the third meal).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Loved the chance to eat goat. The (beef) burger pleased the teen. East coast (historic) environment. Great service. Fair cost. Local sourcing. Popular with locals on a Monday night. Need I say more?

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Over the Christmas holiday I dined here twice and was impressed both times. I had the fish & chips one day and a burger the next. I much preferred the fish & chips but the burger was good. I did try a cup of the lamb curry soup which was awesome.

Great selection of beers on tap.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I read the negative reviews and went to see for ourselves. It was a busy night and were given a table for 4 and menu's straight away. I should have asked for the waitresses name but she had dark hair and a pleasant smile. She gave helpful information about the menu etc and worked very professionaly. The food and drinks were of good quality and well presented. I can only give this place top marks.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Before our trip to Friday Harbor I read that the Cask and Schooner served up the best fish and chips. It was pretty darn close to the best I have had. The best ever is actually a little place at Ocean Shores but that is just my opinion. The atmosphere was fun and inviting and the décor was awesome, but our friend Robo helped with that. Our waitress was wonderful and I loved her accent! Place was very busy, but we were seated quickly. Food was great and we will hopefully be back soon.