“The joy of finding very good espresso where you might least expect”
Review of mangiamo pronto!

mangiamo pronto!
Ranked #6 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Mangiamo Pronto!, Which means "Let's eat now!", is an old world cafe with the feel of a traditional Italian espresso and wine bar. We serve breakfast, lunch, (and dinner in the summer) and offer espresso, pastries, egg dishes, panini, pizza (including a gluten-free pizza crust,) salads, soup, pasta, antipasti and house-made gelato. Join us for a quick bite or a leisurely meal inside or alfresco on our beautiful outdoor (dog-friendly) patio.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

A small shop - advertises as a gelateria - but from the street it is hard to tell what to expect. They use Lavazza coffee - which is the best. The young women serving do not appear to have Italian heritage but they turn out a great espresso. Bonuses: the lunch time pizzas are very good - thin crust, interesting choices - the spiced pear and gorgonzola was great - and the gelato is excellent. Only open for breakfast and dinner, a tiny bit off of the plaza beaten path - I hope it survives because it does a few things very well. And it runs old B&W TV shows - no sound - instead of the ubiquitous soccer games - a nice touch.

kcloudview, Owner at mangiamo pronto!, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Grazie! Thanks so much for the very nice review. I just wanted to correct when we are open. We are open for breakfast and lunch only until the summer, when we will be open for Happy Hour and dinner for 3 or 4 nights a week. Also, not all movies are black and white. But they are typically older Italian movies.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little cafe with walk up service close to the state capitol. I visited on Feb 20. It was afternoon when we visited and the place was about three quarters full but the staff seemed flustered. I ordered the Portobello Mushroom with Pomodoro sauce and spaghetti. I wanted penne but they were out and I was told I was getting the last order of spaghetti. When my order arrived it was a bowl of spaghetti with sauce and a slice of crisp bread on the side. When I asked the waitstaff where the mushrooms were she said they were out of mushrooms. That was very disappointing as I would have ordered something else had I known. The waitstaff offered to grill a piece of chicken but I didn't want chicken and my friends were already eating. The pasta and the bread were good but I overpaid for a bowl of plain pasta. What is more irksome is when staff is not trained in how to handle a situation where the customer is disappointed and rightly so. An adjustment to the price, a free drink or dessert would have been in order.

kcloudview, Owner at mangiamo pronto!, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

I am very sorry. This was a simple misunderstanding. The person who took your order understood that you did not want anything on the pasta except for the pomodoro sauce. So she didn't mention upfront that we were out of mushrooms, because she didn't think you wanted them. It wasn't until the food was delivered to your table that that was discovered and at that time, there was nothing we could do about the mushrooms but offer you something else. It was a very busy day and we ran out of many things. That can happen anywhere.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This cafe, open usually for breakfast and lunch, held a special Christmas Eve dinner. 3 main Italian dishes to choose from with appetizers and sides. The food was absolutely delicious (I had a pesto pasta with honey smoked salmon---yummm). The desserts were equally as wonderful. It's a small cozy place right near the square (free parking nearby) so it was perfect for eating dinner then walking the Canyon Road farolito walk. We truly enjoyed the meal and the people at the restaurant.

kcloudview, Owner at mangiamo pronto!, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thank you so much for this very nice review! I'm so glad you liked all the food and environment.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We actually ended up going here twice on Christmas Eve. Delicious coffee drinks and awesome pasta dishes! Thanks for taking good care of us!!

kcloudview, Owner at mangiamo pronto!, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed having you!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Great latte with a kick and soup and panini just hit the spot. Away from the touristy Square and well worth a visit for lunch or coffee

Been to mangiamo pronto!? Share your experiences!