“Healthy & Fresh”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Rey
Description: Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen is a light and airy oasis for healthy and yummy food. We offer gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan options for our guests. Breakfast + lunch everyday and a new dinner menu beginning August of 2017 Tuesdays through Saturdays. Come find your sweet spot at Sweetwater!
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Every time I eat at Sweetwater Harvest, I always feel like I have been embraced by my delicious, nourishing meal. Having lunch here today reminded me once again of the whole purpose of eating... to nourish ourselves!
I had my favorite, the Grateful Green Paleo Wrap, a sumptuous warm wrap with plentiful white meat chicken, sweet potato, kale and cauliflower "rice" with a side of greens. (The "wrap" is actually a "tortilla" made of spinach and egg... I know, that sounds gross, but it is in fact DEE-LISH!!) This is wholesome comfort food that feels very satisfying, sustaining and guilt-free. You can taste how fresh all of the ingredients are. Many gluten-free, vegan, and paleo options. The lunch menu is diverse and there is something for everyone.
My guests had the enchiladas and the grass-fed beef burger. I do think that $14 for a somewhat skimpy portion of enchiladas seemed a bit steep. But the report was that it was a tasty dish. My other guest also enjoyed her burger. ($15)
The eating area is open, sunny, clean, and cheerful. You order at the counter and fetch your own silverware, napkins, and water. Spiritual, friendly, community vibe. Happy waitress comes and brings your food when it is ready.
They only have one restroom and there were a few grumpy people in line waiting not too patiently. As soon as I got in the restroom after lunch (the restaurant had been very full and busy) there were people banging on the door.
Lunch for three of us with one beverage (a cherry lemonade) came to $55 with a tip for the hard-working counter and floor staff. Not "cheap eats", but high quality, food that feels like a giant hug for your body.
(But seriously, please put in another restroom!) :).

7  Thank filmartphoto

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Yes, it is a 'little' off the beaten path. So what? It is a delightful restaurant, warm and inviting inside, good service and very good food. While it does cater to paleo, vegan and the gluten free, there are choices for everyone. Four of us went for breakfast and while we differ in our food choices, we all found something delightful and tasty to eat. Check out their menu online.

9  Thank Robert T
Fiona W, Owner at Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

We are very grateful for your support and look forward to serving you and your friends again! Peas + Love, Soma + Fiona

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This is a charming, relaxed little place very suitable for vegans, vegetarians, and those who care about locally sourced fresh food. We've been here for breakfast and dinner and always enjoyed the experience. Very friendly waitstaff. In good weather, there is a small patio. If you just want to meet someone for a chat, the chai latte is great.

6  Thank checkpointcheryl
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Came here with my niece and sister for Sunday brunch. I made a reservation and the place was almost full. High ceilings and open. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. The menu has several different kind of pancakes and egg dishes. I huevos montulenos, which is a great local dish with plantains, black beans, queso fresco + green peas topped w/tomatillo salsa; served over Tamaya blue corn tortillas. Great dish. They shared lemon ricotta spelt pancakes with fresh fruit. All was tasty. Come here.

9  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I am not a big fan of vegan restaurants but this one was recommended by our auto service provider right down the street while our vehicle was undergoing some work.
This is an order at the register so you have to pick up the menu and read it before ordering. The restaurant is light and airy and appeared to be somewhat busy at 10:00 AM. Since it was still breakfast time, I ordered the pancakes with the choice of fresh fruit or apple compote and I ordered the apple and it came with real maple syrup. My wife selected the three tacos with the tortillas made from spinach and egg. Presentation on the plates had an Asian flare. I thourghly enjoyed my pancakes and the apple compote. My wife's tacos were also excellent with a lot of fresh avocado inside, Drinks to order were smoothies, coffee, teas or what we had, house supplied bottle of filtered water which you pick up at the silverware, napkin and condiments table. Yes, it was a ver6 good meal and will return. There is ample parking and When it is not winter, outside seating.

8  Thank Tom O