“Great coffee, good food, free wifi.”

Tribes Coffee House
Ranked #15 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Diner
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This local coffee house is a welcoming place where you can stay for hours, have refills on coffee, feel at home

1  Thank SantaFeBabe

Reviewed 6 December 2016

A friend and I stopped in for a quick caffeine fix to go. The exterior is so generic we did not have great expectations. But WOW, I had an incredibly delicious caramel latte and it was about half the price of other coffee places in Santa FE. My friend loved her Americano as well. Besides that the woman at the register Zaneb(?) was very polite and friendly, which is a rarity in many Santa Fe coffee shops.

2  Thank hunterlee1084
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Great little restaurant, friendly service really good food and delicious coffee. We found our new favorite place in Santa Fe!

Reviewed 17 November 2016

On the outside this place doesn't look like much. But don't let the book cover fool you! The interior hides a gem of really tasty food. The chai is delicous, coffee is OK. I like a really big dark roast, and they only had light or medium. But the food.... Delicious multi-ethnic cuisine (slow food for people who want real food) for just about any palette and dietary preference. Gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, and of course meat for the carnivores. They're also great about customizing the food to your liking.
It's a bit out of the way if you're staying near downtown, but absolutely worth the 10-15 minute drive!

3  Thank CRadventure2013
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Always wanting to support local businesses, I chose Tribes for my early morning coffee run because I read on reviews that they also served breakfast and sandwiches. Seemed like a good spot to order lunch for later in the day.
I think I would enjoy hanging out here enjoying a cup of coffee - it's a nice atmosphere. However, maybe it was because it was so early, but I didn't find the service especially friendly or efficient. I felt as if I was putting them out, as if maybe they weren't quiiiite ready to open...
The sandwich I took for later was fine - it's just that there wasn't anything to moisten the bread, so it was dry bread with the cold cuts. I asked them to put the sandwich fixings (lettuce, tomato) on the side, which they did. Still, a little more thought for to go orders might be helpful for customers who are taking food with them. I mostly just ate the meats and threw the bread away.
They also had a lot of breakfast burritos, sandwiches, etc., so if you're looking for something to eat with your coffee, I would recommend you give Tribes a try.