“Our Choice for a Special Occasion”

Coyote Cafe and Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Coyote Cafe and Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$22 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Ortiz Street
Description: Coyote Cafe continues to be Santa Fe's most famous and celebrated restaurant, acclaimed by critics and return visitors alike. We are celebrating our 31th year of business in the Land of Enchantment! The Cafe features a contemporary menu with global influence and a nod to the Southwest and the Cantina serves up New Mexican favorites.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This was our first time being disappointed after having dined at Coyote Cafe several times before. It was my husband's choice for his birthday dinner. He ordered lobster tails and was quite pleased with his meal. I ordered sea bass, and it was so rubbery I could not eat it. Our nice server sent the fish back to the kitchen and brought me a delicious complimentary squash soup to enjoy while I waited for my entree. Much to my disappointment, the new serving of fish was also over cooked. We ended up having some delicious desserts paired with complimentary wines. We will return, but I must say," Coyote Cafe - you can do better".

2  Thank Penngal_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The staff recognized our anniversary right off the bat which was nice and gave us champagne to start. The food was excellent, especially the lobster tails and pasta my wife enjoyed. The service was very friendly and spot on. The hostess even gave us some good tips for the next days hike.

4  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Great take on New Mexican and Mexican food. Very tasty and flavoursome. Waiter was great and prompt.

2  Thank aussietravelbum
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This was referred to us as great food and interetesting atmosphere! Both were true. Sat upstairs on the rooftop with warm heaters and right by the Kiva. The food was exceptional -- th waitstaff could slightly be more attentive...but we got what we needed. Suggest it for a good meal and fun atmosphere!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The atmosphere of the restaurant was great except for tables being a little too close together for my taste. The service was excellent and the food was top notch. I had the elk and it may well have been the best I have ever had. Drinks are good and stopping by the outdoor bar before dinner is a great idea.

2  Thank Jeff J