“French Pastry in Santa Fe”
Review of Old French Bakery

Old French Bakery
Ranked #7 of 11 Bakeries in Santa Fe
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We were trying to decide where to eat lunch after shopping and walking around the Plaza area. We came across this bakery which has quiche, crepes and sandwiches. They do not accept credit cards which in today's world is a no no. We both had the ham and swiss half sandwich on baget bread and a dinner salad of mixed greens with the house dressing. We both thought it was an excellent lunch and we topped it off with a dessert crepe pastry of strawberries and bananas with whipped cream. Wow was it good! We both felt that we made the right choice and I highly recommend. It is part of the La Fonda hotel but the entry is from the street or the interior of the hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We did not check the reviews until we were already seated...what were we thinking? We were charmed by the sweetness of the cafe, the available table by the window, the promise of fresh baked french bread and our need to be out in 45 minutes. The part that didn't disappoint us is that we were able to get out in 30 minutes! Maybe we ordered the wrong things - I ordered a salad Nicoise - it's a French cafe, right? Black canned olives, canned tuna that looked more like cat food and french bread that only deserved one bite. My husband ordered a full size turkey sandwich and it was huge, a half size, which is an option would have been better. BUT it was on the same disappointing french baguette. The prices were not outrageous, but we both left half on our plates.
We were excited about ordering a dessert when we first sat down. They look delicious in the case. BUT after the sad meal we let it go.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Fantastic place to eat in the old La Fonda Hotel. Fantastic crepes and French Onion Soup. Friendly Staff.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

I love writing reviews like this cause they're so easy. Second review of this restaurant and I'm happy to say that my first review was correct. This place is close to perfection. They've been in business continuously since 1974. That all by itself says a lot about this place. The food is just unbelievable. I had the egg, cheese, and chorizo crepe to which I added the green chile's. You just can't believe how good they make that dish. My wife had a cheese quiche and thoroughly enjoyed her meal as well. The coffee is near perfection as well. The atmosphere is such that you could sit there all day. The service is nearly as perfect as the food. The prices are very reasonable. My only caveat is that this place does not accept credit cards, so have enough cash to cover and Bon Appetite!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We'd been out on a city tour and this bakery was near the tour stop. A wonderful French bakery with a yummy selection of breakfast, lunch, and snack options. There were 3 of us and we each had a different kind of crepe and enjoyed them all. We splurged and had a dessert too and found them delightful.

Just be aware they do not take credit cards or checks -- Cash only. If you're in need there is an ATM machine inside the bakery.

Been to Old French Bakery? Share your experiences!