“weekend”
Review of La Boca

La Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Opened in 2006 by 8 time James Beard Award Nominee, Chef James Campbell Caruso. La Boca has the feel of a lively European wine bar, featuring an extensive selection of carefully chosen Mediterranean and South American wines. Knowledgeable and animated staff graciously guide customers to the perfect wine to complement their meals. La Boca also prides itself on being an ambassador of Spanish sherry culture, transporting its guests to Cadiz in the crisp cool flavors of Fino, or the deep fig-essence of a Pedro Ximenez. Full to capacity almost every night since its opening, La Boca has been a hit with both locals and the world travelers that visit Santa Fe. La Boca has earned numerous awards both local and national, including the Santa Fe Reporter’s “Restaurant of the Year,” and the International Wine and Food Society’s “Award of Excellence.”
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Very small restaurant. Food was good and interesting. Service was good. Felt little cramped. everything was individual done.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed 3 January 2018

It was Xmas eve and crowded. Lucky to get seated early at the Taverna. The food is very good. We tried several dishes, mostly vegetarian, since two of the three in my party preferred veg. The grilled artichoke, the goat cheese (I think it was the Manchego cheese plate), patatas brava, Shrimp in garlic sauce were all excellent. The only disappointing dish was the Brussels sprouts - not as crisp as it ought to be.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch and had a variety of tapas that were all good. The waitstaff was very friendly and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing . Highlight was the bacon wrapped dates and the chorizo. Extensive wine list . There was Spanish guitar which was a nice touch . The hostess seemed overwhelmed. It was busy. The server was very knowledgeable. I would go back !

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were staying at a lovely Santa Fe hotel and dined here on our first evening. The place was packed and a tad on the loud side, but at the same time I felt it was a rather intimate space. The tapas menu was expansive and we ordered a total of six. Five were excellent: the Tapas de la Casa, (the Manchego was fabulous) the Beet Salad, the Bacalao Croquetas, (divine, never had a fish-based filling) the crispy Brussels Sprouts, The Stuffed Piquillos, (words fail me, lick the plate good) and the Chicharrones (disappointing, the pork a tad too crispy / crunchy). I had a Sangria to start and a glass of excellent and dry vino tinto, my wife sampled a dry sherry.
I am a firm believer in desserts, either to complement the meal as in this case or to save the meal if you are disappointed, maybe it is the sugar high. We shared a Hazelnut Torrone, and there were others on the menu I could have chosen if this had been sold out. And an Espresso, single, rounded everything out. Service was pretty good, a tad slow, but that provided time to talk and enjoy. I am not sure I will return to Santa Fe, BUT if I do, I would return here for dinner.