All reviews santa fe bite parking fee bit dated within walking distance excellent location art galleries downtown area room was clean and comfortable easy walk plaza chapel rates canyon governors
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is my third visit, now i am a guy traveling on a motorcycle with a buddy (without our wives) so maybe we are easier to please. A buddy and i discovered a few years ago and like New Mexico Motorcycle Roads and use Santa Fe of a sorta home base while we do day rides around Santa Fe. But did notice a decline in the overall adminities this year. It is an old Route 66 type MOTEL (not hotel), so if you don't like this type of place don't stay a there or if you do don't gripe about it. You cannot find a better location in Santa Fe, or anywhere close to the price

Room tip: a corner room suite with a king bed, couch (not sure but might be a pull out), frig, kitchen table and a seperate bedroom. But it is dark
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ultra_dave_13
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I couldn't get in to La Fonda or Inn at Loretto, so I took a spot at Garrett's. It is clean, average and well located close to the Plaza. So a very acceptable back up at a reasonable price. It does have a pool in the parking lot. Good for kids, perhaps. But not very private. Good parking. You can walk to all the downtown tourist spots.

Date of stay: November 2017
5  Thank joelgeyer
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Santat Fe NM last weekend, stayed at Garrets Dessert Inn - to simplify our stay what a Dump ' our room super gross, we won't stay in this hotel again ☹
The only good was their location, we didn't visit their restaurant if the room was super gross we were thinking the kitchen had to be in terrible shape as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Tennis2012
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This place was ok. Not worth th $150. I will start with positives. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room had a long vanity area. The negatives the room was dirty, lamps hade broken and bed sheets did not stay on bed. Not enough plugs in the room.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 2012Rugby2015
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel for location and facilities as shown on their advertising. First of all location is ideal with a very short stroll to the central historic district. Pool area is nice with a mix of sun and shade. However, the so called gym is a JOKE and should not be advertised as a facility. I picked this motel because it stated it had a gym. Zero weights and a broken treadmill constitutes a junk room and not a gym!
We also felt misled that advertised breakfast meant Saturday and Sunday only and so was irrelevant to us. I wouldn’t have booked this hotel had I know of these two faults. Rooms are ok in size, no fridge and air conditioning is very noisy. My advice is spend a few dollars more for better.

Trip type: Travelled with friends