I also submitted this to the GM:
I was so looking forward to our stay at La Fonda as I was celebrating a major health milestone. We flew in from Dallas and were really excited to stay on such a beautiful property. We pulled up around 4 last Tuesday (10/3) and valet ignored us until my husband got the attention of the valet. I expected him to say hello and welcome us but he just asked for our last name. My husband got our suitcases out of the trunk himself, right in front of the valet attendant. The valet said nothing else to us as we tried getting our luggage inside. There were no attendants of any kind, not even a trolley. Reception was unwelcoming as well. Adriana seemed bothered by our presence. We were tired and she was flat, but we finally got checked in and headed out, again with no help with our luggage. We actually headed toward the restaurant at first as we didn’t have our bearings yet. We realized our mistake and crossed the reception area again. Adriana actually laughed at us and said “I thought it was funny that you were bringing all your bags to the restaurant.” I’m sure you know your property is large so not even having a trolley available is insulting. After all, I’m paying $400++ a night and I feel like we’re imposing on this hotel by staying, such a snooty attitude. We got to the room and it was beautiful but it was not the room we booked. We booked a suite with a separate living area. I hoofed it all the way back to reception and told Adriana. She offered to show me another room and asked if I liked it better. I did like it better because it was what I had reserved. I then had to walk all the way back to the first room to inform my husband of the new place. He then took ALL of our luggage by himself to the new room while I made my way all the way back to reception for keys. Adriana walked out and told me the other female receptionist would help me. While I was waiting a man I believe was the manager approached me and asked if I liked the new room better. Guess what. I did because it’s what I reserved! The pixie cut receptionist checked me in, insanely robotic and vapid personality. She also asked if I liked the new room better. Yep. I sure did. All of this was exhausting physically and mentally. No one even apologized for this convenience. No one. This was so disappointing, the entire check in. You made us feel so unwelcome. We left for dinner and I walked straight into La Fonda and told them we needed to get away from La Posada. They welcomed us the following day with a beautiful clean room on the top floor and the most kind and welcome service.
I am never ever staying at La Posada and I’ve already told several people about our experience. I didn’t even go into the quality of the room. Adriana told us that many of the rooms flood when it rains and that you always have maintenance and that roofers had been there that very morning. The room showed it, it’s dark and musty and the carpet is really bad. The whole experience was insulting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Marriott/Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in Marriott/SPG loyalty programs. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe" is an historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, this AAA Four-Diamond resort is the ultimate destination for both leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe architecture with casita-style lodging, a curated art gallery collection, year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub, award-winning spa, exceptional cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa