“Birthday celebration not up to par”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 220 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marmon
Description: The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant chain, offering a combination of great food, intimate atmosphere and interactive dining. The Melting Pot strives to help guest create memories through event dining as a destination restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We took my son to The Melting Pot for his birthday. I was a little disappointed with our visit. Our server was not too attentive and also working as the bartender. The food was slow to get to the table and it was just average quality. The best part of the night was the dessert fondue. I won't go there again for dinner but may go for dessert again.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Came here with entire family for Christmas Eve dinner. 6 adults and 4 kids. We were squished into a space that supposedly fit 12, but it only had two burners...how can you feed that many people with only two burners to cook your food???
This was my first--and last--time to ever go to a Melting Pot restaurant. Why would I spend $30 to cook my own steak??? The bread pieces were stale. The only saving grace was the dessert . Good options for the chocolates. Otherwise I would say dropping $350 to "cook" your own food for 10 of us is absurd. Well, it still is absurd. Not a fan of this business model for a restaurant. Other places are way better!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Every thing was fine Just not my cup of Cheese It was a Slow process and not my style Nice people nice place nice try No thanks Others seemed to enjoy the experience

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My children love the Melting Pot! The food was delicious, but would have liked more veggies with our dinner (we ordered beef fondue), and prices were a bit expensive if you want to include salad and dessert fondue. We reserved online at the Melting Spot website, and were confused as reservations seemed to be full online, but restaurant was almost empty. Atmosphere is also really low light.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Luckily the place wasn't too busy when we arrived so we were seated right away. We ordered a 4 course meal and an additional entree which started first with the cheese fondue. It was really good and I like how they give you different items to dip. Second course was salad and I got the Caesar salad which was not very tasty..it wasn't terrible it was just okay but I generally enjoy Caesar salad.

Next was the entree which you cook yourself for several minutes in a pot of hot boiling water. That was interesting but the idea of cooking your own food at a restaurant is a gimmick that I've learned I'm not the biggest fan of and definitely not something I want to do very often. The vegetables that come with the meal are red potatoes, baby zucchini, and mushrooms which weren't anything special. I think the food needs to be marinated in more spices etc so you an get better flavoring in it. It was a little bland which is probably why they give you 6 different sauces to dip your food in. The curry dip is actually pretty good.

Lastly, was the chocolate fondue! We ordered the original which comes with chocolate and peanut butter sauce. The sides to dip were rice Krispy treats, blondie which tasted like a cookie and was really good, strawberries, bananas, pound cake, brownies, and graham cracker covered marshmallows which I also loved. The dessert by far was the best course. We definitely left full and pretty much satisfied because the dessert was so good but i wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be with the rest of the food.

The service was good and our waitress was very nice but overall I expected more of a wow factor in regards to the way the food tasted especially since it's not cheap to dine here. I recommend this restaurant as more of a been there done that experience that's good to try at least once and if in the mood for chocolate i would come back for dessert for sure.