“Fun, something different!!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 219 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marmon
Description: The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant chain, offering a combination of great food, intimate atmosphere and interactive dining. The Melting Pot strives to help guest create memories through event dining as a destination restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Great place if you are looking for something different and unique. Many different types of fondue available. Cook right at your own table. Great for families or a romantic dinner for two. Recommend reservations.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I was very 50/50 about my visit to this Melting Pot. It was my first time visiting this location and we went for a one-day special on their new cheese fondue. The cheese was amazing. Absolutely loved it. Service was also cheerful from everyone and the cocktails were well mixed.

However, some of the ingredients for dipping were rather subpar. I'm not sure if this was because it was part of a special deal or a weeknight or what. We got two florets of broccoli that were a bit wilty and sad looking, a few chunks of celery and two cherry tomatoes for the veggie portion. Maybe MP has changed their standards, but when I last visited about 2 years ago we got a whole bowl full of fresh-looking broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots.

We also ran out of things to dip for the dessert course, but there was still a fair bit of chocolate in the pot. Previously we've always been offered extra strawberries to polish it off. Hopefully, this was a one-off experience. It certainly wasn't enough to keep up from going to MP again in future, but if it has become the new standard, we will eventually stop going.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We took my son to The Melting Pot for his birthday. I was a little disappointed with our visit. Our server was not too attentive and also working as the bartender. The food was slow to get to the table and it was just average quality. The best part of the night was the dessert fondue. I won't go there again for dinner but may go for dessert again.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Came here with entire family for Christmas Eve dinner. 6 adults and 4 kids. We were squished into a space that supposedly fit 12, but it only had two burners...how can you feed that many people with only two burners to cook your food???
This was my first--and last--time to ever go to a Melting Pot restaurant. Why would I spend $30 to cook my own steak??? The bread pieces were stale. The only saving grace was the dessert . Good options for the chocolates. Otherwise I would say dropping $350 to "cook" your own food for 10 of us is absurd. Well, it still is absurd. Not a fan of this business model for a restaurant. Other places are way better!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Every thing was fine Just not my cup of Cheese It was a Slow process and not my style Nice people nice place nice try No thanks Others seemed to enjoy the experience