New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Luray
Northern Virginia
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We needed a room for the night and was told to try this holtel. The room was clean and fairly modern. The hotel was in a spot that was close to the caverns and downtown Luray. We had a small problem with the AC unit. The knob that controlled the temp was broken and controlling the room temp was a little challenging. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next morning that was very good. Actually all of the restaurants we ate at in the area were excellent. If you are looking for a nice, friendly hotel at a reasonable price try this Best Western.

Room Tip: Get a room in the rear of the hotel if you want quiet. The front rooms are close to the pool and ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orangeville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I frequent hotels in my line of work, as well as for pleasure, up to 60-90 days a year. This hotel was the absolute worst I have stayed in over the past twenty years. I might have stayed in a flea-bag rat-trap when I was younger and could not afford to stay in a nice hotel, but as an adult, I would never consent to stay in such a place. Unfortunately, I had no choice, as I had pre-paid for the room, and when I arrived and saw the condition, I was told that I would forfeit my $125 (plus tax) that had already been paid. No way to get a refund, so we stayed. BIG MISTAKE. At 3am, I found a tick on my leg. It was NOT there when I went to bed. Luckily, it had not totally entered my leg and I was able to pluck it off without too much problem. YUCK....never ever again. Hotel was dirty, towels were stained, dead flies everywhere, lamps didn't work, air conditioning lousy... STAY ANYWHERE but here...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank KerstineandWill

Travellers are raving about these Luray hotels

Huntington Station
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

This certainly was not the Best Best Western I ever stayed in. It was overpriced for what we got. The staff was friendly and we did get a 20% discount on breakfast. They do have a computer available which was helpful since most hotels don't have them anymore and I just happened to need it that day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SOUTHAMPTON, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Luray is well off of I-81 and the choice of hotels reflects that. We needed a hotel close to the local campground where our daughter and family were staying and we tried this one. We have had fairly good success with Best Western in the past and wonder how this one is able to maintain their association with BW. Room was clean but small. Bathroom was tiny and in need of refurbishing. Worst thing was the flies! Thank goodness they made a fly swatter part of the standard equipment. We're probably a bit spoiled but this facility has little to boast of.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Nasty rooms, very old grungy bathrooms with soap scum plastered in the tub/shower. NO electrical outlets to plug anything in. OMG! I want to be across the street at the mansion. Came here for a softball tournament. Was told this was the only place to stay. There's plenty of other choices, take them!

Room Tip: Stay across the street...that's my tip!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
4.1 km away
23.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
23.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to BEST WESTERN Intown Luray? Share your experiences!