“Personalized Hip Stay - Perfected!”
other travellers have booked this property
Veiled unique hot tub for three - 103 degrees of private pleasure!
Spacious bedroom with queen size bed, lots of storage space and leads into sunny sun room! Cozy fire pit fashioned from our own Shenandoah Valley timber!  Now that's really hip!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Veiled unique hot tub for three - 103 degrees of private pleasure!
Beautiful sunny sitting area with bohemian table for games/puzzles... all provided!  Great fun!
956 square feet of bright, comfortable and inviting space for you and up to four of your guests!
Soak in a warm tub and dry off with your soft towels (provided) after an awesome day at the Hip Stay
Pull out in living room sleeps two comfortably and room can be shut off from other guests!
Inside this beautiful home lies your very own oasis - just take a look at tripadvisor.
Downtown Luray for Spring Fest!  Every May! It's a GREAT day... come see!
Love to ski?  Hit those mountains at Massanutten... just a cool 23 miles away!
These guests just finished their 'Peabody's Destination Picnic' at Birdsong Pleasure Garden - Smiles
Whether a table for a blanket you will love our 'Destination Picnics' complete with tour of Birdsong
Choose from our variety of Peabody's only relaxation packages!
Lots of love goes into our wonderful goodies!
The 'Lighter Fare' breakfast option... included in  your Stay and delivered to your suite or patio!
Even our utensils put on a happy face!  (You'll have one too after breakfast!)
In a hurry - 'Grab n' Go' is part of your selections... a hiker favorite!  Free!
Support a local farmer and choose the 'Farm to Table Experience' - you will say 'WOW'!
Local music at local places is THE PLACE TO BE!
Sit back or swim on the Shenandoah.
Visit our gorgeous Virginia Vineyards!  I do!  The Virginia Wine Trails are close by!
We like drawing lines in the sand (try Lake Arrowhead), the furniture and the sidewalk... some see!
Or you can just stay in and swing!
Here at Peabody's we invite you to (no kidding!) write on the furniture, the paper and the concrete!
I'm always close by to meet your needs but if your out, just holler because I'm easy to see!
Meet Miss Helen - our very cool Hip Little Stay mascot - she even has her own page!
2015 Virginia Green Travel Leader Award and a chance to meet our very own VA First Lady!
The 'Romantically Hip' bakery is coming just for YOU .... soon!
Before you leave your keys to say goodbye (boo!) paint a rock and leave it for community garden!
We love our guests and want you to feel very special. We receive so much love in return.  Blessed!
Remember us with love when you leave the 'Hip Little Stay' and take that love and share it!
2016 VA Green B&B of the Year!
We love you and the environment - two years straight award winning!
Here we are at Kennedy's Peak!  A favorite!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Christina...
“Personalized Hip Stay - Perfected!”
Reviewed 3 March 2016 for a stay in July 2015

Staying with Judy was beyond perfect! She is so incredibly kind and hospitable, and the suite is beautiful and spacious. After long days of hiking and vineyard hopping (which she gave great suggestions for), we would end our days with Judy's helpful recommendations of where to eat for dinner, followed by the awesome hot tub in the back. She was so sweet going above and beyond in helping me plan my boyfriend's birthday surprises from private garden tours to personalized, delectable picnics. Helen the guard dog was also a sweetheart and always kept us company whenever we were around :) If I'm ever remotely around the area in the future, this place is definitely my first choice - especially with Judy's farm-to-table breakfast... Peach bake, cinnamon french toast, whipped eggs with brie and tomatoes - YUM! Thank you so much Judy, our stay was absolutely superb!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Judy and Helen!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Mar 2016
Christina & Dylan - you were both so much fun to plan the perfect Stay with! I love that you took the suggestions and my best memory is the wonderful Destination Picnic that Dylan chose for you! What a wonderful boyfriend! Helen and I were blessed to have both of you and we cannot wait to have you back! We would recommend you to any future host and can't thank you enough for choosing our little oasis in the Valley for your Hip Stay! Hugs!
Megan C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely perfect getaway weekend with an incredible host!”
Reviewed 1 March 2016 for a stay in October 2015

My girlfriends and I had an absolute blast spending a 3-day weekend at Judy's. Before our stay Judy was in communication with us about arrival logistics and ideas about how to maximize our experience! When we arrived Judy was welcoming and accommodating. Her home is beautifully decorated and the space is comfortable and cozy. Our first morning we did a farm-to-table breakfast that was out-of-this-world. Judy is an incredible chef and we enjoyed learning about all of the local ingredients used in our meal. Judy had lots of suggestions for activities and restaurants in and around Luray and she never led us astray. Each suggestion was more perfect than the last! We particularly enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub drinking wine after a long day of outdoor activities. Peabody's Hip Little Stay was absolutely perfect! I haven't even been home for an hour and I am already trying to brainstorm ways to go back :)

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
2 Mar 2016
Megan, Megan x2, Hannah, Gwen and Jackie were enthusiastic, energetic and fun ladies to host for their girl's getaway! It was a pleasure to help them plan so they could make the most out of their time together and their response was amazing! It was absolutely wonderful to see them and know they were enjoying their time as friends and creating great memories all the while. I would highly recommend every one of these wonderful ladies to future hosts and cannot wait myself to see each one of them again - they are a VERY hip group of ladies and they will no doubt enjoy many years of making memories together!
Jennifsta...
“Deserves more than 5 stars”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Best B&B I have ever stayed in. Owner goes beyond expectations to make guests happy and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
2 Nov 2015
Jennifer, thank you for the awesome confirmation that the goal is being achieved to make wonderful guests like you feel special. Being who God made me and utilizing my gifts in order to bless others for as long as I can in whatever way I can is the entire goal of Peabody's. Thank you for the AWESOME confirmation we are reaching this special goal. We hope to be provided with more opportunities and would love to see you again one day! Thank you!
mackindow...
Baltimore, Maryland
“When your 15-year old son insists on reviewing a B&B, you know you hit pay dirt!”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband, myself and our 15-year old son made an impromptu reservation at Peabody's because we planned on visiting nearby Luray Caverns. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay LONGER.

Judy was wonderful -- warm and welcoming -- and Helen was full of kisses and love. The accommodations were adorable, comfortable and roomy with a capital R. There was plenty of privacy and our teenager really appreciated being able to put some distance between himself and us. The only thing that would have made him happier is if Helen slept at the foot of his bed;)

This is a perfect place to spend time with your family, to explore the caverns but also make sure you allow time to explore the town. We have to return to Luray and check out all the places we missed. Judy can point you in all the right directions. She had GREAT suggestions.

If you want to feel at home but be treated like a guest, Peabody's Hip Little Stay is perfect for you!

Travelling group: Teenagers
30 Jul 2015
This energetic family was FUN from the first phone call! Their enthusiasm for the Hip Stay and the visit to Luray would instantly put a smile on any face! It was a pleasure to accommodate them at the last minute and they were a delight to have as guests. This courteous and lively family made the most out of a quick trip to the Shenandoah Valley. They not only got comfortable at the Stay, they took advantage of the "WOW" farm to table experience and purchased tickets to the Luray Caverns. If that's not enough they ate and shopped local! I look forward to what they can do with more time and look forward to having them in the future. Any host will experience sunshine every day they are with this happy hip family!
Kathy H
“This bed and breakfast is a home away from home.”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This was my second visit to Peabody's Hip Little Stay. Both visits were full of warm hospitality, delicious food, and fun adventures. Luray is a beautiful little town full of art and character but honestly, the best part of this bed and breakfast is the innkeeper, Judy, and her sweet dog Helen. They are both full of positive energy and make your stay here relaxing and fun. Love this hip place to make memories!

Liked best: Warm hospitality
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
23 Jul 2015
As an Innkeeper to this oasis, I am blessed to share it with guests. The hipness really is in that each guest is meant to feel special because they are! A place of fun and fellowship can be found whether a guest stays in or goes out. That's the genuine goal & it's not "a job" to me, but an awesome way to live. Luray is a place of real beauty and relaxation, full of beautiful people and places. Memories are meant to be made here! Well traveled for business and personal, I started as a guest here and beyond, so I understand the importance of feeling welcomed. It's my pleasure to share this PRIVATE stay and AWESOME town with wonderful families like these WONDERFUL return guests! Totally hip to have such love! Thank you guests for all you have given me and for blessing this hip stay!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing