Review Highlights
Amazing weather and scenery.

Excellent boat tour of Sitka Sound. The boat is comfortable. The captain is courteous... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
dirtworld
Highly Recommend!!!

Excellent wildlife tour and guide! Captain Brian knows his stuff and is very knowledgeable about... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018
FishandEat
Charleston, South Carolina

All reviews wildlife tour captain brian humpback whales perfect size sitka sound great wildlife saw lots of wildlife bird species memorable trip private tour hour tour great guide small boat stellar sea lions marine life excellent tour fish
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Jim does a great job of getting you to the action. A 30 year Sitka resident and marine biologist point of view was right on. My three granddaughters loved the tour and my wife and I thought it was the best of our Alaska trip.
Whales, sea otters, Eagles, puffins etc etc. Jim found them all and explained it all .
A must in Sitka. Nothing compares.

1  Thank JoelH618
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Booking a tour with Jim Seeland was the best decision I made while in Sitka. He spent time with the four of us, asked questions, designed the tour around what we wanted to see. Because his boat is not large like the huge tour boats, he could take us closer to the whales, seal lions, otters, bald eagles, star fish, etc. and knew exactly where to go to see what we wanted to see. We saw the "bird island" which was inhabited by huge varieties of birds including puffins. Jim is not only very personable, he also extremely knowledgeable about the area. All four of us agreed it was the best money we spent the entire two weeks we were in Sitka. What an experience!

Reviewed 22 September 2014

Jim Seeland took us out for wildlife viewing, even though there were only two of us, both senior citizens with slight mobility problems. We saw many whales, sea otters and sea birds. We also got to see St. Lazaria island at low tide, and were most impressed with the beauty of this little island and the purple and orange starfish on the tide mark. I would like to have tried to see a bear, but our time was over and he had another scheduled tour that day. The seating at a table was very comfortable, but a little high to get in and out with ease, so I took photos from the window so I would not have to try to get up and down. Even though most of the puffins had already left the area, Jim was able to find us one flying away from St. Lazaria Island. Jim is one of the nicest persons that you will ever encounter, and he really made our Alaska cruise very special. He knows where the wildlife is and enjoys showing it to visitors of his special area in Alaska. Thank you Jim for a wonderful tour.

3  Thank GrandmaP2
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Went out on a "3 Hour Tour" with Captain Jim Seeland and had the time of our lives. We save sea otters, sea lions, whales, jelly fish, bald eagles and so much more. I could not have wished for a better tour guide, he took us to some wonderful wildlife areas where we even saw the elusive "BEAR. I can't wait to go back and do this again with Sitka Sound Tours give Jim a call at 907-738-1190 and tell him Medvejie Lauren sent you.

3  Thank jkregel
Reviewed 7 September 2014

My husband and I sailed with one other person during our tour in Sitka. Captain Jim was attentive to our needs and wants and was very easy going. I enjoyed his comments about Sitka and the wildlife we were seeing, and it was also apparent that he truly wanted to meet the needs and wants of everyone onboard.

Within 10 minutes of leaving the harbor we were surrounded by approximately 10 whales. We also saw lots of sea otters, eagles, salmon, and beautiful scenery. i don't think any of us wanted to leave when it was over. Jim is a gem and I highly recommend his tour when you are in Sitka.

2  Thank chirpy12345