“Come to Mexico”

Salsas
Ranked #118 of 335 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I bumped into this place by accident. After hitting the gym I was aching for a burger. I'm new to Springfield, MA and after driving around a bit I made a stop by the X bar. They had no food but bartender highly recommended this place which was just a few buildings down. I walked by and noticed they sold burgers but to my luck they were all out so I ended up ordering soft meat tacos and a cold one. I've been to Mexico and love their street food but this place makes the best tacos I've ever had and serves the coldest beer :). I've returned several times since then and can't get past the tacos. The owner has recommended the pupusas but I can't get myself off the tacos. I hope after a few more visits the taco fix will subside enough for me to move on to other menu items. They also make authentic Mexican desserts but the woman that makes these has been out on vacation. We were told they would start serving the desserts this coming weekend. Tres leches cake and a fried yucca dessert. Sooo looking forward to it. I would like to also add that the atmosphere here is like being in Mexico. Place has the decor and music. You get a lot of Mexican visitors so that should tell you that this food is good enough to pull the local Mexicans off the street. Viva MEXICO!