“Have your camera ready”

Coconino National Forest
Ranked #5 of 71 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Named after the Coho Native American people, this forest is two million acres of recreational, lumber, and mining land.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is a great national forest.

A variety of items you can see.
It is expansive and great vistas. From Sedona to North of Flagstaff, changes in elevation and temperature.

A great place for artists.

a must visit.

"painted desert"
"sunset crater"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 30 November 2017

But there it is. Pines and a lot of vegetation this East Coast girl cannot identify. It gave me a whole new definition for a forest. This is your government at work, so get your tax money's worth and visit the places we have set aside.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I spent a long time at the visitor's center. The restrooms were spotless and that helps us all. I was able to recharge from the long stressful drive from Phoenix. I am not used to the congested high speed traffic and the elevated roads with unbelievable drops on the side of the lanes. I was not comfortable riding as a passenger. So, the stop at the Coconino National Forest Visitor's Center seemed to save my whole day. I learned a lot from the information offered inside the center. I enjoyed the information inside, the photo opportunities offered by the beautiful surroundings, snacks and hydration choices there and a wonderful little gift and souvenir shop inside the center. I purchased many items I was grateful to find there that will be treasured memories of my stop and the forest. Outside the visitor's center was ample parking and a chance to stretch one's legs and enjoy the beautiful place with beautiful staff. My questions were answered by friendly people who were as excited about the location as I was. Well done Coconino National Forest Visitor's Center staff and rangers. Your place was the highlight of my ten day once-in-a-lifetime trip! Thank You!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Passing through Sedona AZ is a remarkable site filled with amazing mountains. Be prepared for the photo shoot of a lifetime. The hikes and shops are fantastic.