“Great Scenery”

Coconino National Forest
Ranked #4 of 114 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Named after the Coho Native American people, this forest is two million acres of recreational, lumber, and mining land.
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We traveled thru this forest while travelling to and from the Grand Canyon. It is a very scenic route that is commensurate to the area which will leave you breathless as every turn is a postcard.

All reviews
"northern arizona"
"painted desert"
"sunset crater"

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Photo-taker paradise. You can't go very far without stopping to see the amazing views. This can make driving a bit dangerous, as you can't take your eyes off the scenery.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is a great national forest.

A variety of items you can see.
It is expansive and great vistas. From Sedona to North of Flagstaff, changes in elevation and temperature.

A great place for artists.

a must visit.

1  Thank hpresas
Reviewed 30 November 2017

But there it is. Pines and a lot of vegetation this East Coast girl cannot identify. It gave me a whole new definition for a forest. This is your government at work, so get your tax money's worth and visit the places we have set aside.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I spent a long time at the visitor's center. The restrooms were spotless and that helps us all. I was able to recharge from the long stressful drive from Phoenix. I am not used to the congested high speed traffic and the elevated roads with unbelievable drops on the side of the lanes. I was not comfortable riding as a passenger. So, the stop at the Coconino National Forest Visitor's Center seemed to save my whole day. I learned a lot from the information offered inside the center. I enjoyed the information inside, the photo opportunities offered by the beautiful surroundings, snacks and hydration choices there and a wonderful little gift and souvenir shop inside the center. I purchased many items I was grateful to find there that will be treasured memories of my stop and the forest. Outside the visitor's center was ample parking and a chance to stretch one's legs and enjoy the beautiful place with beautiful staff. My questions were answered by friendly people who were as excited about the location as I was. Well done Coconino National Forest Visitor's Center staff and rangers. Your place was the highlight of my ten day once-in-a-lifetime trip! Thank You!

1  Thank Michael M