“Erika Worst manager & service ”

MartAnne's Burrito Palace
Ranked #17 of 361 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Erika the manager was our server and the absolute worst in service and customer service. We had a table of 11. We understand that we should have asked to split the check up front as we were reminded at the end of the Of the meal that we should have said something up front. She also reminded us this rule was on the menu. I stated I understood but at the very least, she could have asked us up front, as we look at the food on the menu not the rules. My party arrived a bit late and were feeling rushed. We stated we needed more time. She said why don't I get every one else's order and come to you last. (So we had to have a decision by the time every one else is done? We asked her to put our drink order in first)

When I spoke to her about the service I stated she didn't ask if we wanted refills for water once - spicy food!! she stated she sent OTHER severs around to ask for things we need. I stated the servers asked if we wanted more coffee. I didn't have coffee and several of us didn't. I didn’t want to burden them as I’m sure they werent receiving her gratuity. I expressed that I was having a problem with her service (I had to remind her that one of us was missing a meal as she didn't come by and check) she continuously kept interrupting me and didn't let me speak. She stated I just keep going around and circles about my problems. So, my concerns aren’t worth listening to? Maybe I keep feeling I have to repeat myself BECAUSE YOU KEEP INTERRUPTING ME?? She didn't apologize until she asked me what I wanted. I said an apology at the very least. I said said she was being defensive and I just wanted to express that I received poor service. She said "I told you, You can come up here and split your check how you want it, what more do you want? You’re just mad that I can’t split the bill so you’re bringing up other issues.” When I expressed my concerns about the service she CONTRADICTED every single statement. Might as well just shout out “YOU'RE A LIAR”. Then we asked her to help us calculate it, (as she offered this only 2 mins prior), she said her CALCULATOR WAS BROKEN. Worst manager and attitude I have EVER received. All 11 of us will not be coming back. Owner needs to recognize and reprimand her behavior and service. In addition, the waitresses behind her kept rolling their eyes and shaking their heads and one kept saying "it's not worth it just get them out of here". I’ll be sure to tell everyone else that if you have Sunday’s staff, if you express concerns, save your breath because you’re not worth it! We couldn't believe how awful they were to us. We come here often, not demanding, always said please and thank you and we're very respectful. We brought our work party here. Never ever again.

Erika, you have the WORST attitude, most POOR service, DISRESPECTFUL and because of YOU we will not be returning.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The decor is funky, and the food fantastic!! If you can find the restaurant you are in for a real treat. It is further down Rte 66 than we thought, past San Francisco. We both loved the food so much we went twice during our short 3 day stay in Flagstaff. The portions are large and the food is so yummy!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First walking in was great - love the energetic decor and art. Service was really efficient and everyone was so nice! They all seemed proud to work there. We are gluten free, no problem. Hubby had the signature chiliquiles it was gorgeous to look at and tasted even better. I had Huevos Rancheros (I think the menu calls them Ranchero Eggs) Same thing - looked fantastic and tasted even better. Heads up - go hungry - these servings are big! Fantastic meal. Lucky us! If you're in Flagstaff, go here. Yum!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The reviews were so great, but it just didn’t deliver. Part of the problem was that our particular server was awful—never checked on us, didn’t offer drink refills, forgot one drink, never asked about dessert, which we would have ordered, but by the time we literally sat for 25 min after finishing dinner, we just wanted a check, which took some time to get. It was packed so that was part of it. However, Other folks came in, sat down, ate, and left while we just got dinner. Aside from that, the cocktails were very good—I would have liked another (had the pino martini) but never got the chance. The dinner reviews were mixed—3 people liked theirs and 2 did not. I had the shrimp tacos—meh. Didn’t love them. They needed something to balance the flavors—guac, sour cream, etc. Beans were good. Had some random bacon in my potatoes, which I didn’t want. On the upside, the place is fun and relaxed. Other servers were friendly. It just didn’t live up to expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here for lunch, waited about 10 min and was seated. The mood and vibe of this place is casual, fun and communal. The staff is really friendly and makes you feel welcomed. The food was all fresh made, including the horchata which I love, and delicious. Really, one of the best Mexican food restaurants I have eaten at. The food came quickly, the waitress checked in with us often and I was really impressed with everything.

I will come here again and again and again and the fact that there is line and a bit of a wait is indicative that they are doing it right!