“Fantastic Cowboy location and proper food”
Review of The Horsemen Lodge

The Horsemen Lodge
Ranked #5 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: After opening in 1975, The Horsemen Lodge quickly became a popular hangout for Babbitt cowboys working on the CO Bar ranch. The restaurant-named "Horsemen" in the effort to pay homage to the ranching lifestyle-is decorated with authentic cowboy attire, memorabilia, and artwork. This way, The Horsemen Lodge doesn't just offer a hearty, cowboy-inspired menu, but it also offers an overall Southwestern experience.
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after a visit to Walnut Canyon and were amazed by the location in pure Cowboy style. Food choice and variety is big and quality appropriate. Definitely worth a visit

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear VincenzoF75,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Walnut Canyon! We appreciate your kind comments of our restaurant. We hope you dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We had been here before many years ago with about 50 friends and wanted to find it again. Well we found it and we both were delighted. Prices can be high on certain items but they do have less expensive dishes. Husband had small filet and I had the Lemon Chicken and Mushrooms (pictured). He ate all of his and enjoyed some of mine as well. With the large salad bar, soup and homemade cornbread, we did not have a lot of room left. My chicken was wonderful. We will return if we are in the area. Great servers and hostesses too. Everybody was so friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend it.

Dear Carolyn M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a kind review. I am glad you returned to our restaurant after many years. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your chicken and filet. Our staff will be happy to hear of your kind comments. We look forward to serving you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We've been coming to Flagstaff for the last three years to beat the summer desert heat. The Horseman Lodge has been our go to breakfast place since day one. Portions are often more than you can eat, prices are moderate and the bloody Mary's are fantastic. Special yesterday: two eggs any style, country potatoes, hatch chile pulled pork enchilada smothered in cheese. $6.00. How do you beat that?

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Asiseeit38,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the current special! We look forward to serving you next time you are in Flagstaff!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Wanted a good steak after a few days traveling in N.M. and AZ. A few miles outside of town, but easy to find. Rustic/ Cowboy type atmosphere, that does not require to get dressed up. Very nice menu with many selections and steaks all have 3 choices of preparations/ spices. Very nice soup and salad bar with lots of fresh ingredients. My son got the Bison Tenderloin / with mashed potatoes and I opted for the 16oz Boneless Ribeye w/ baked potato . We both chose the Butter /Merlot seasoning for our steaks. Both were cooked to our specifications and came hot from the broiler. Both were very flavorful and tender. My son's let me try his entree and it was one of the best Bison steaks I have ever had ... wished I had ordered it myself. If you have never tried Bison this is the place to do it! Service was excellent and our waitress was very attentive to our needs.

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear qlong7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad you and your son enjoyed your steaks! We appreciate your kind comments and feedback and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This place has been in business since 1924 and is true western cowboy food. A little bit of a drive for a whole lot of steak.

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the high rating and I am glad to hear you enjoy our steak. We hope to serve you again soon!

Danielle Olson

Been to The Horsemen Lodge? Share your experiences!