“Worst service I've had In a long time. ”
Review of The Horsemen Lodge

The Horsemen Lodge
Ranked #5 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: After opening in 1975, The Horsemen Lodge quickly became a popular hangout for Babbitt cowboys working on the CO Bar ranch. The restaurant-named "Horsemen" in the effort to pay homage to the ranching lifestyle-is decorated with authentic cowboy attire, memorabilia, and artwork. This way, The Horsemen Lodge doesn't just offer a hearty, cowboy-inspired menu, but it also offers an overall Southwestern experience.
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

One of the worst service I've experienced. It took us over 10 min to even be acknowledged by a staff it even get a drink. And we had to wave someone down. After 30 min we had to ask for water. After sitting there for an hour and a half finally got our food. Of course mine was way over cooked. For a place that is know for their steaks I had to send my orders "rare" steak back. It took over 20 min for my second steak to come back. At that time everyone in my party had finished eating. I ate half and took the rest home. I am not normally a person to complain but to pay $43.00 for a meal for one person (I do not mind it if it is what you get what you pay for) I find it totally unacceptable. I have eaten here quite a few times since the new owners have taken over, the service has gotten worse each time.
During the meal we had spoke with the waitress and also the manager about the poor quality of service. Each time only got the response of "I'm sorry" after the 3 time of talking to the manager she should have done more than say I'm sorry. And nothing more.
As a local who will drive right past this place every time I go for a meal. Makes me sad because this restaurant defiantly had more to offer.
Will not recommended to anyone.

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Mica G,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. This type of service and food is not up to standards of quality or service. We hope you dine with us again for a superior experience.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Looks like an old cowboy hangout (which it once was) updated and cleaned up. Lots of food and drink choices and probably one of the best soup and salad bars you'll ever see. Can't go wrong with any of the food choices. Good quality and good service. Be sure and make a reservation!

Dear Kay B,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am glad you enjoyed our extensive soup and salad bar! We pride ourselves in our high quality meat; the whole menu is delicious. We hope you dine with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We went here based on reviews we read here and were not disappointed. The food and service were excellent. This has a great Western theme and ambiance. It is not "fancy" if you are looking for elegance- but very comfortable with excellent steaks. I had the Potatoes Augratin for a side and they were amazing. Comes with a salad bar and soup, and a small loaf of cornbread. Will go here again!

Dear LPB627,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal, especially the delicious sides and salad bar. We look forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We came for our anniversary this Friday eve. Guided into a great parking spot by a polite gal on horseback. The grounds and interior are clean and very welcoming. Hostess warmly greeted us. Cocktails first, tasty mixed drink for m'lady. Had our choice of booth and went first to the clean salad bar where everything was crisp & fresh. Visited by two managers, a great waitress Alice took care of every need. I wouldve a refill offer for my gal but that was minor. Then right to the entree. I had 18 oz to-die-for TBone w/ encrusted pepper, MR, and she- all you can eat cod. I love their cornbread and we had thick fresh rich chocolate cake for dessert. This is my #1 favorite fine dining dinner in Flag.

Dear dininglovers2017,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear of your enjoyable dining experience with us. We appreciate all of your comments and feedback. We look forward to serving you next time you dine with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after a visit to Walnut Canyon and were amazed by the location in pure Cowboy style. Food choice and variety is big and quality appropriate. Definitely worth a visit

Danielle O, Public Relations Manager at The Horsemen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear VincenzoF75,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Walnut Canyon! We appreciate your kind comments of our restaurant. We hope you dine with us again soon.

Danielle Olson

Been to The Horsemen Lodge? Share your experiences!